Horizons Proceed to boarding point?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Horizons is all of 2 weeks old to me so bear with what sounds like a repeat question but didn't see google posts that gave info.

When I land on planet, out with SRV, my role panel shows an option when my ship is on surface that says 'Proceed To Boarding Point'

It is, however, always blocked out in red. e.g. non-selectable function

Is this something left out, from beta, or just not what I think it is? I thought maybe it was a way to automatically send SRV home to ship on auto pilot but guess not.

Other functions like transfer cargo, etc on my role panel work just fine - it is this somewhat mysterious Proceed to Boarding Point I am wondering about.

Last edited:
It's only used when your ship is docked at a planetary base. The "Boarding Point" is the garage you return to in order to get back into your ship.

I don't think that is completely correct.

The option that will be there, when you are in the correct position to do so, is to board your ship. While you are not in a boarding position, the red "error" condition (it's probably closer to a "disabled" condition really) tells you that you need to proceed to the boarding point. The boarding point will be the garage or the spot directly under your ship hangar when it is on the surface.

So it doesn't automatically take your SRV there? It's just an indicator that if red, you are not in the correct position to board via the planet base garage?

This is a belated reply, but also to help clear the question for others who will google this same question.

Don't think of it as a command, but merely a statement. That same spot is also the spot for "Board Ship". So when the spot says "Proceed to Boarding Point", it is basically telling you to go to the spot under your craft to board it. I am not sure if the option is selectable at a planetside outpost to put your SRV into an "autopilot mode" or not.

If it's anything like Bangkok Airport then you ignore all signs and just follow the crowd. No strict use of Check-in queues nor Imigration boxes for where you're from. Just get you in and out and the flights are always delayed by the Russians who just arrived literally!

This is a belated reply, but also to help clear the question for others who will google this same question.

Don't think of it as a command, but merely a statement. That same spot is also the spot for "Board Ship". So when the spot says "Proceed to Boarding Point", it is basically telling you to go to the spot under your craft to board it. I am not sure if the option is selectable at a planetside outpost to put your SRV into an "autopilot mode" or not.

This is an even more belated reply....just wanted to thank you if you are even still around. I did exactly what you said (Googled this same question) and your response really helped to clear it up for me.

This is an even more belated reply....just wanted to thank you if you are even still around. I did exactly what you said (Googled this same question) and your response really helped to clear it up for me.

And since things have changed since 2016, any landing pad (or rather the garage underneathg) will act as a boarding point, not just the one you landed your ship at.

And since things have changed since 2016, any landing pad (or rather the garage underneathg) will act as a boarding point, not just the one you landed your ship at.
Hah, thanks for that! One of the worst parts about trying to learn this game as a new player is that so much information online is not accurate; in some respects that is making it more difficult then if there was NO information online at all.

People like you who take the time to clarify these things for us new folks help a ton to get through that part of the learning the curve. +1

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom