Project WEST is underway

Going for the sake of going is the ESSENCE of exploration. If you knew what there was to find it wouldn't TRULY be exploring anymore imo. Just sightseeing... which is also a perfectly valid reason to go.

The point being...this game is big enough to suit EVERYONE'S individual tastes.

Have fun..and continue to beam back interesting pics!

Well it's a quick update, and if you think that means only one thing you'll have to wait for the big announcement (and no, its not Thargoid related!)

The Gopher has got distracted and quickly ran towards the Pelican/North American nebulae that are so close together that they make for some frankly stunning pictures and are turning the journey into a directionless meandre through space, but that's what its all about to me.

Anyway, here are some pics before we get to the main course;

debug_ammonia_world.jpgringed_water_world.jpgwater_giant.jpg

And now, after 225 systems visited and scanned, the first Earth-like World of the journey;

first_west_ELW.jpg

And then the one that has made me fall in love with this part of the expedition, the nebula is just awe inspiring and I'm going to spend some time around here before moving on to just enjoy the scenery;

Full screen nebula.jpg

The ELW made me get a beer to celebrate, and the nebula pic just makes me so glad I'm out here.

Fly safe commanders

Good luck commander. You should have called it "Journey to the West" and your ship The Sun Wu Kong. Heck you could even have had a spin off tv anime series about aliens that can transform into blond dudes that can blow up planets

Well it looks galactic politics are forcing an early end to my exploration!

Was pining for home a bit last night, so checked up on my home system HR 783 and neighbouring Tlapana, which is the subject of one of my goals in terms of turning it Imperial.

Schenanigans in HR 783 have reduced the Imperial Society influence to 74%; it was 85% when I left so someone is trying to undermine Imperial rule and I won't let that happen with my family based in Rich Orbital.

On the other side, the Imperial Society is at 69% influence in Tlapana, so there is a civil war surely brewing for control. One big push with selling my data (Delany Enterprise outpost is Imperial Society station) should be more than enough and my combat Python will be in on the action!

I'm just under 2kLY away from home, and will do some exploration on the way back but the priority is now getting home for the action!

A premature end and I'm sure I'll be back out once the political situations have played themselves out.

they veil east (and west) are very 'pretty' nebula bodies... I love how veil east is red gaseous on one side and white gaseous on the other side :D

Top Bottom