[PSA] Forming A Rag-Tag Fleet on Wednesday.

I'm in Merope now (Alcazar's landing).

So feel free to land, (in open ATM) and send a friend request. :)

I just lost my my FDL for the first time since I brought it in 1.4. lol
Second FDL escaped with 10% hull.

I recorded the event. Will upload later. :D

Asked for this thread to be moved to aliens now, as spoilers will no doubt start flowing. Lol

We've discovered a lot about the Thargoids so far.

Check my OP.

And a warning:

Imperial Couriers built for speed, with low hull mass get shredded incredibly quickly.
You need good armour, and good shields as a buffer for damage.
Damaged bleeds through shields, but does offer some protection.
If your shields go offline, get out of there. Their missiles shred hull incredibly quickly.

They also have a mass lock factor of 30.

My FDL is doing quite well. Only lost 1 so far. Lol
But I've done no damage, even in 3v1.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Couriers are toast against these guys. I especially don't recommend attempting to ram the Tharglets.
Why do you seem so familiar... Hmmmmm..? Lol

I recommend FDLs or larger to engage a Thargoid. Anything else, just run.

They can match my speed of around 500m/s.
Can they match your iCouriers speed?

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

I've just seen that video of 20 cmdrs on a Thargoid for 20 mins without seemingly causing it any damage. I reckon it's pointless even bothering yet.

Trafalgar and I have discovered a 2nd type of Thargoid. Far less aggressive, doesn't use drones, and it's weapon is almost useless.

The other Thargoid is far more dangerous. using drones and missiles.

Weapons still have no effect.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Trafalgar and I have discovered a 2nd type of Thargoid. Far less aggressive, doesn't use drones, and it's weapon is almost useless.

The other Thargoid is far more dangerous. using drones and missiles.

Weapons still have no effect.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

The second type still had drones but they seemed to be passive and didn't do anything.

I've heard that a crew mate on a turret can see the thargoid overall hull (think it's a glitch), and that 5 ships constant fire brings it down to 98% in some cases then it regens

Has anyone considered trying feedback cascade to see if it works like it does against shield cells? Or heat weapons, I don't know how well heat works on NPCs though

Ok looked online and apparently large NPCs have been known to take heat damage through shields in combat zones rendering their weapons useless, can't confirm this but maybe it's worth a shot, missiles being the best idea here maybe, might try a full pack hound heat load out myself

Using that turret idea we would be able to see what's working and causing more damage

Last edited:
I've heard that a crew mate on a turret can see the thargoid overall hull (think it's a glitch), and that 5 ships constant fire brings it down to 98% in some cases then it regens

Has anyone considered trying feedback cascade to see if it works like it does against shield cells?

Using that turret idea we would be able to see what's working
Interesting. Our weapons work, just not enough.

Oh well, the "For Science!" Suicide Fleet is disbanding now.
We got some good intel, but it's lunch time, and I have a few chores to do. :D

Fly safe all.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

My first ever video!

Sorry for the horrendous quality. My internet is pants so I need it keep the size down. And I've yet to optimise the video settings in game to allow smooth gameplay and recording.
And excuse my poor flying, pip management and attempt to use the camera suit while heavily engaged with a Thargoid.

[video=youtube_share;QO0RyRAyLIo]https://youtu.be/QO0RyRAyLIo[/video]

Those missiles man. Lol

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

I've been thinking missile boats - least till we get the "new" stuff - packhounds and Torps - enough in one salvo might do the trick.

This basically - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNTD1j8YRuM

:)

At the moment, all missile don't impact the Thargoid ships. They seem to have a permanently running ECM.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

My first ever video!

Sorry for the horrendous quality. My internet is pants so I need it keep the size down. And I've yet to optimise the video settings in game to allow smooth gameplay and recording.
And excuse my poor flying, pip management and attempt to use the camera suit while heavily engaged with a Thargoid.

https://youtu.be/QO0RyRAyLIo

Those missiles man. Lol

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

At the moment, all missile don't impact the Thargoid ships. They seem to have a permanently running ECM.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

I was definately getting through with packhounds last night - really annoyed the sob - he opened up and got me to 43% hull through the shields (btw I had HRP and MRP and they do nothing - have them off now in favour of corrosion resitant racks for the Thargoid probes I've found at the cap ship fights) - problem is the same as in the Skyline clip -need to hit them and keep hitting them - new missiles when they come should help with that.

Oh and in your video your "face on" to it most of the time - use wreckage - get behind it and don't open up right away - let it start tractoring in some stuff - then unload from behind and reasonable close ... then move fast - I reckon it can burst around the 330 mark but most of the time is around 220.
We still won't kill one till new gear comes along I think - but, they can be hurt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom