python builds

Right now I have a python but haven't effectively made a good weapon set up for it so I'm asking if any of you can give some advice.a set up to deal with other players would be preferred as I need to fight a lot of players mainly,bounty hunters.

This is what I am currently rocking:

http://coriolis.io/outfit/python/06...d036i2f24.Iw18eQ==.AwhMIyu5SA==?bn=The Sinful

Food for thought, if you are going to be concentrating on PVP you will probably want to use some SCBs..... usually whoevers shields drop first doesn't like the outcome ( at least on the computer...havent really pvp'd on xb1 yet)

I mostly rely on the fact that that I have the 4 shield boosters trying to link an SCB currently on the game pad along with having my heat sink launcher is just not worth it till the new game pad releases

Last edited:
I mostly rely on the fact that that I have the 4 shield boosters trying to link an SCB currently on the game pad along with having my heat sink launcher is just not worth it till the new game pad releases

Just a thought,

what if you swap the beams with the cannons.

2 heavy multi cannons do more damage to hull and armor as 2 beams.

And 2 medium beams zapp away shields pretty fast already.

If im talking crap, plz say so..

There are no "heavy" multi cannons, medium is the largest size available.

And large beams kills shields even faster. I ran a Python setup where I used 2 Medium beams and 3 Large cannons, and 2 mediums do not do as much damage as 2 large.

Right, forgot about no large multi cannons.. my bad! sorry. Am i excused?

Right now I have a python but haven't effectively made a good weapon set up for it so I'm asking if any of you can give some advice.a set up to deal with other players would be preferred as I need to fight a lot of players mainly,bounty hunters.

I recommend you test yourself. It all depends on your play style.

I think you all would get more out of this game if you'd put in the time, use something and see if it works. If these ppl figured it out so can you. Same goes with trading.

I'm just saying you'll enjoy it more. Its about exploration

Last edited:
I agree about exploring the game but it is nice to have a foothold and kind of know what is going on..... I don't think there is anything wrong with asking the community for advice personally

Some players cannot invest much time into the game because of their schedules, knowing the general common builds for certain ships can help them figure out certain potential setups.

I agree about exploring the game but it is nice to have a foothold and kind of know what is going on..... I don't think there is anything wrong with asking the community for advice personally

Its gone beyond that. As a whole console games hold your hand, provide bread crumbs. Look how many posts keep popping up, asking for trade routes, and builds. Someone had to figure this out on their own. Maybe I'm one of those ppl that likes a challenge. I'm the kind of person wants to earn my keep.

Nothing I'm saying will cause these ppl to re think. But I have a handful of great trade route I figured out on my own. I put in the long hours discovering these, why would I share them with someone who is just looking for these easy way when I spent so much time figuring it out.

Ship builds. This isn't hard.

Exploration and trade builds. Everything you need is on game. Basics, weight....the idea of exploration is to be able to travel as far as possible so keeping your ship light is key, and the game provides this info

Trading again weight. Best routes are 1 or 2 jumps anything more and its not profitable unless your doing rares. Low weight keeps jump range high so when you max you ship you're not getting the best jump. Again its all there for you to see. In game.

Weapons. Hmm trail and error. I've tried every weapon, with different ships, against different ships, you should do the same. My load out for my ASP fits me. If we post THE BEST WEAPON LOAD OUT ON A SHIP then there is no variety. Just like if everyone only fly's the conda, or python. Which will undoubtedly be the case in a month or so.

In the end this will never stop as long as those who do the hard grind are fine grinding for others. I guess your time is free. Now telling ppl where a weapon is or ship is, as in system and station, or how to do some basic function I get that.

- - - Updated - - -

Some players cannot invest much time into the game because of their schedules, knowing the general common builds for certain ships can help them figure out certain potential setups.

I work 50 hours a week. And a single father of 2 young children. I know about time. If they can't invest or want to invest then a SIM is not a good choice for a game. Sims require grind just like mmo. That is no excuse.

Top Bottom