PZ NEWS: new screenshot

D6TOM2oWAAAjw4B.jpg:large

Sorry to be the Downer Debbie here...but what is there to get excited about in this shot? Am I missing something that should be obvious?

Its not too exciting since they're no visible animals. But it does show features such as fencing, cave system, etc.

I'm sure they're many videos on youtube that will continue to break down screenshots and reveal what most glance over.

Animals or not, it shows how well enclosures can be made, the fences, paths and foliage really help add to the realism. While photos of the animals in the exhibits is exciting, its also great to see an empty enclosure and how great everything else looks. Sometimes when there is an animal in the photo, people over look all the other stuff, which is understandable :D

I just hope they give us more toys/enrichment items, shade structures, different feeding items, and more for animals. We haven't really seen much of that except besides a giant soccer ball in the trailer.
River-hippo-biting-hanging-enrichment-barrel-280.jpg
giraffe-eating-a-meal.jpg
38287607_10156480116204707_8840510246838337536_o.jpg
636154394126604028-Half-ear-the-rhino.jpg

Tiger_ball.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
phoenix-zoo-enrichment-11.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly...no offense, but animals aren't the only things that MAKE a zoo, if you have boring exhibits and boring surroundings, you're gonna have a boring zoo, period. People who put the time and effort into designing exhibits and the path ways to draw in the attention of spectators is what makes a zoo beautiful. If they add a show case here, people will be much more impressed with a well put together zoo, rather than you creating an enclosure and plopping down an animal, personally, I wouldn't be impressed with someone just showing a bare exhibit with everything else plain, but a rhino is in the enclosure. Shrug sorry if that sounds mean, I'm not meaning to, the photo is basically hinting about the creativity level and a players ability to make things there own. Again, not trying to offend, just pointing out what I think. When you add individuality and creativity, that's what sparks so much more, and what the zoo tycoon in 2013 lacked :) Sure everyone is excited about the animals, and I get that, but the fact that this will be more like zoo tycoon 2 where you can just go crazy with imagination and making enclosures that replicate animal habitat or how real zoos would have them, and how you can place plants, rocks , trees and water ect is just part of the excitement. Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
Animals or not, it shows how well enclosures can be made, the fences, paths and foliage really help add to the realism. While photos of the animals in the exhibits is exciting, its also great to see an empty enclosure and how great everything else looks. Sometimes when there is an animal in the photo, people over look all the other stuff, which is understandable :D
I get that...but still it just looks like Planet Coaster to me.
Nothing really earth shaking IMO.

I get that...but still it just looks like Planet Coaster to me.
Nothing really earth shaking IMO.
For one, confirmation that shelter can be made out of terrain, and not pre-made fake caves.

Second, more trees. We don't even have big trees in planet coaster.

Third, grass. Look at it, it's better than Planet Coaster's. It appeared on a few pictures before, but now it shows how much of it there is.

Fourth, there's either a big statue or fountain in the far back.

Also the small vents on the floor could be the micro environment control they spoke about. E.g. if you have wolves in a desert biome you will need these micro environment to control their enclosue; or it could just be fance floor lights lol

While the cave areas are pretty cool for animals to live in and I can understand why many are getting excited about it, but this is not very realistic as far as how zoos are built or managed. In a zoo, all animals need some sort of permanent structure attached to the enclosures...like a house or barn. This offers a place for the animals to go during bad weather (like winter up north, or lightning storms and hurricanes in certain areas), or when a keeper has to enter the enclosure for cleaning or maintenance, and when the animal may need medical attention. I have never seen a zoo where the animals don't have access to an area like this. It an intricate part of zoo design. Remember these are kept animals that do depend on human protection and care and do not just live in the wild in a cave within the zoo.

As far as what we have seen so far, this doesn't look like it will be an aspect of the game as these caves or covered areas are what each animal enclosure has for them...and we haven't seen any 'houses' attached to animal areas yet. Not saying it will not be part of it, but its looking like caves will be the way this game works.

I hope houses do end up being a part of the game as its important as far as zoo design and management goes...but....

While the cave areas are pretty cool for animals to live in and I can understand why many are getting excited about it, but this is not very realistic as far as how zoos are built or managed. In a zoo, all animals need some sort of permanent structure attached to the enclosures...like a house or barn. This offers a place for the animals to go during bad weather (like winter up north, or lightning storms and hurricanes in certain areas), or when a keeper has to enter the enclosure for cleaning or maintenance, and when the animal may need medical attention. I have never seen a zoo where the animals don't have access to an area like this. It an intricate part of zoo design. Remember these are kept animals that do depend on human protection and care and do not just live in the wild in a cave within the zoo.

As far as what we have seen so far, this doesn't look like it will be an aspect of the game as these caves or covered areas are what each animal enclosure has for them...and we haven't seen any 'houses' attached to animal areas yet. Not saying it will not be part of it, but its looking like caves will be the way this game works.

I hope houses do end up being a part of the game as its important as far as zoo design and management goes...but....

I truly believe that the the bedding is a placement object that we can put anywhere like in a building, a cave, or even outside and the animals will sleep there.

Top Bottom