PZ Not Responding when plugging in Wireless Headset USB Cable

Hey Frontier Dev's,

I hope this is the right place to place a Bug Report. We sadly can't upload a proper one with the Bug Report tool as PZ Just gets Unresponsive and Windows interfers.

Basically, when using a Wireless Headset with a USB-Dongle, starting PZ and then putting the USB-Cable in for charging, PZ will get unresponsive and has to be killed via Task-Manager.
We've tried this with a Logitech G933 and a Corsair Virtuoso SE, both yield the same results. We've also reinstalled the Logitech Software and had the Corsair Headset connected without any Software whatsoever.

For anyone reading this: A temporary solution is to charge your Wireless Headset from something that's not your PC. A powerbank for example, or just a smartphone charger.

Anyway I hope this gets fixed. I can provide anything necessary from both the PC's we've tested on if needed and help reproducing the error.

The reason behind this is because your PC see's your headset as a different sound source when you plug it in. A lot of games (not all) will not switch audio sources while the game is still running. I suspect that is what's causing the issue with crashes as it get's confused. Might not be though, I've never had a game crash while switching audio sources but 90% of the time I have to restart the game to get the audio back.

Top Bottom