Question on asteroid belts

When relatively close to civilized space, asteroid belts always give the grade of their reserves. However, I've noticed that the belts farther away do not. I've even tried scanning the belts to see if the grade would then show up in the description but it doesn't. How does one tell the grade of these belts that are not near civilized space? I ask as I had come across a post elsewhere where those who did mining always liked to know where pristine metallic sources were and since then, I've kept a log of all metallic belts and rings that I've come across in case I happened upon someone who was looking to be a little farther away to do their mining. Rings still seem to show their grade; only the belts don't appear to do so. In case an example is needed: Wredguia AD-M B49-1 A Belt.

Just scanned some asteroids in my current sector and you're right. I would venture to guess that the material from the asteroids themselves would need to be mined, refined and then sold/appraised for it to perhaps be reflected?

That would be a bit of a pain to have to do that, but it wouldn't surprise me. I think they will remain as "unknown grade" in my list for the time being...

As a explorer and miner myself, I suggest you to keep it to pristine metallic rich rings, asteroid belts are a pain with only a couple of asteroids you can mine on each cluster.

Metallic are supposedly the best ones although I have had good runs on Metal Rich. Also, I've found more than one pristine ring of either in civilized space. You do not have to venture outside of the bubble to find pristine rings.

Top Bottom