Newcomer / Intro Question: ships and equipments

when im trying to buy a ship it doesnt let me buy a better ship, i always get the starter ship. how do i change that? i have a similar problem where i cant buy better equipment better equipment just doesnt show up in the list of things i can buy. why? how? help

I think you have to have completed certain tasks before you leave the starter zone - I've never tried it though so I may be wrong.

Yes, better ships and modules will be available. Not at all stations though and that's a topic unto itself :D

For a nearly complete list of stuff, Ray Gateway in Diaguandri is a place to go.

Maybe explain what you are doing OP - the shipyard in Mawson Dock in Dromi, for instance, has several different ships. And there will be many modules.

Edit: You do know you have to scroll through the available ships in the shipyard to see other ship types .... Left & Right bindings are your friends (default probably A and D)

how can you not be there when every player starts there????
The game has been going for around six years, I joined about four and a half years ago Tyres is more recent, the Starter Zone was brought in two? years ago, it is an area that you cannot return to if you leave it and dock anywhere else.

So some of us started at different systems and aren’t allowed in there.

The game has been going for around six years, I joined about four and a half years ago Tyres is more recent, the Starter Zone was brought in two? years ago, it is an area that you cannot return to if you leave it and dock anywhere else.

So some of us started at different systems and aren’t allowed in there.
...That's the official reason they're not allowed back there, anyway. The actual reason involves a night of revelry which included Leestian Evil Juice, 1 Ton of Atmospheric Processors and a chicken.
The details are still a bit hazy. ;)

...That's the official reason they're not allowed back there, anyway. The actual reason involves a night of revelry which included Leestian Evil Juice, 1 Ton of Atmospheric Processors and a chicken.
The details are still a bit hazy. ;)
I thought that the way the mix of the Evil Juice with the Centauri Mega Gin melted through the mugs was a nice gentle way to start the party.
Trying to remember what happened brings somewhere or something called Argo up in connection with the ban.

Not to mention that the reason hidden behind the cover up story about the party they conditioned us with have a higher classification than the location of Raxxla.

what exactly is the starter zone?

https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Pilots'_Federation_District
The Pilots' Federation District is a subset of star systems within the Core Systems governed by the Pilots Federation and restricted to newly-licensed pilots who have no ranks in Combat, Trade, or Exploration. Stations in these systems offer simple, low-paying missions that can be completed even in a basic Sidewinder MkI, and a rudimentary Outfitting selection is available.

Once a novice pilot gains their first rank in Combat, Trade, or Exploration, they are offered a graduation mission that guides them to the systems outside the Pilots' Federation District, and the permit required to access the district is then permanently revoked.

Top Bottom