Questions about material grind for suits and guns

I started to play EDO few days ago and need to collect materials for suit and weapons level up.
1. I landed near some random settlement, entered HAB building and looted some boxes and lockers. Then I re-logged and now all boxes/lockers in the entire base even those I did not loot before are empty.
Will those materials ever re-spawn or this base will be always empty for me? The only thing re-spawned was a power distributor.
2. Is there any legit way to collect those materials without sneaking and illegally looting everything to the left and right?

Thanks.

1. Yeah they introduced a base wiping thing. Relogging not only wipes mats lying around, but also prevents them from spawning when you open lockers. If you want to reset the settlement, you'll need to go to supercruise and back down.
2. Power restore missions give you level 3 clearance and everything is legal. Just gotta watch for scavengers.

Once you have a spare power regulator, exterminating the scavenger missions are good. Once you have killed the scavs, power up the base, loot and download data, recover the power regulator and then leave. You do not have to take the mission, just go to the settlement that the mission directs you to. land, loot, leave, return, repeat.

The 'legal' missions to eliminate the members of a criminal faction in a settlement are also good. Eliminate the guards and workers outside, then clear the buildings one at a time, looting and downloading as you go. Just before you leave, take the power regulator.

Find a team mate if you can. Makes playing so much easier, especially as you both get the mission reward and can download the same data. Whilst one does the cutting etc, the other is watching for any incoming scavs.

Steve 07.

Be aware though that Power Restore/Reactivation Missions will only be available in -ve state Systems like Civil Unrest......which are my favourite :)

Be aware though that Power Restore/Reactivation Missions will only be available in -ve state Systems like Civil Unrest......which are my favourite :)
True...
I visited a system yesterday, not one that I normally haunt, and picked up 8 restore / reactivate missions as I needed 6 more regulators to upgrade my Dom suit...
Abandoned them when I arrived in my (Anarchy) 'home' system, then paid off the fines. G5 Dom now, thanks!

I started to play EDO few days ago and need to collect materials for suit and weapons level up.
1. I landed near some random settlement, entered HAB building and looted some boxes and lockers. Then I re-logged and now all boxes/lockers in the entire base even those I did not loot before are empty.
Will those materials ever re-spawn or this base will be always empty for me? The only thing re-spawned was a power distributor.
2. Is there any legit way to collect those materials without sneaking and illegally looting everything to the left and right?

Thanks.
Doing the relog dance (any form) is generally no longer the best way to gather stuff (it might be a little quicker in some circumstances). Really, you will have much more fun just playing naturally and collecting the stuff over time, but thanks to every else's efforts, good places to find stuff are fairly well known, and there's even the materials exchange thread.

Yes, it's difficult with g1 gear, but even g2 makes a huge difference, and is not too hard to get just after Thursday's tick, and you might get lucky and get some modded g3 stuff (game changer). In the beginning, using an SRV to take out NPCs at POIs can be a big help, as well as learning to be stealthy and/or play cat and mouse with scavengers at abandoned bases will get you going. Check out Stealth Boy on youtube (@Ydiss)

In short, my advice regarding the grind is don't do it. Just play.

Nope, murder is the only answer. And if you absolutely have to harass Anarchy settlements like some people will suggest, find an Anarchy faction that's native to the system and has less than 7% influence, the damage has already been done there.

OK. Thanks everybody for the answers. More question please:
1. I've found a repair mission but went directly to the base w/o taking the mission. Looted everything cutting my way thru with the arc cuz I could not power the base w/o level 3 access (there were no dead bodies at all). Can I get data w/o power in the settlement? Can data port be charged the same way as other items (terminals, doors etc.)?
2. After 30 minutes or so roaming around the settlement hostile NPCs arrived (the mission threat level was 3 tough I did not take the mission). It was 15+ NPCs with harmless level but they are definitely not harmless. They destroyed my SRV and I escaped hardly alive. what why so many NPCs? Is it like this every time?
3. Then I got back to the station, took the mission and abandoned it right away to keep power regulator, got 100k fine. Can that power regulator marked as mission item be used to upgrade suits?

Thanks.

OK. Thanks everybody for the answers. More question please:
1. I've found a repair mission but went directly to the base w/o taking the mission. Looted everything cutting my way thru with the arc cuz I could not power the base w/o level 3 access (there were no dead bodies at all). Can I get data w/o power in the settlement? Can data port be charged the same way as other items (terminals, doors etc.)?
2. After 30 minutes or so roaming around the settlement hostile NPCs arrived (the mission threat level was 3 tough I did not take the mission). It was 15+ NPCs with harmless level but they are definitely not harmless. They destroyed my SRV and I escaped hardly alive. what why so many NPCs? Is it like this every time?
3. Then I got back to the station, took the mission and abandoned it right away to keep power regulator, got 100k fine. Can that power regulator marked as mission item be used to upgrade suits?

Thanks.
Data needs power. Use one of your power regulators to boot up the power station. You will need an e-breach for the power pad (and the alarm pad/authorisation pads as well).
Once the power is on, loot and download. Once done, recover the power regulator and leave. And repeat.

Scavs can turn up at an abandoned settlement, whether you have taken a mission there or not.

If you take a restore/reactivation mission, you can loot and when done, recover the power regulator and leave and return, to repeat the cycle.

A stolen power regulator can be used as you see fit, to power up settlements or to upgrade suits.

Find a team mate as life will become much easier.

Where are you at the moment? I am in Hehenes running missions. My CMDR has a lot of stuff that can be donated. If you are in the area and free for the next couple of hours ......

Steve 07 (aka CMDR XXD Wanda Rinstaa)

Top Bottom