Ships Rapid fire multi cannons??

It adds jitter, so it's not really useful for most weapons to begin with. It reduces reload time, which, again, isn't particularly useful in most situations. Rapid fire has only a niche use in missile launchers and maybe mine launchers. Advanced plasma accelerators could be fun with it but that's pretty much it. For multicannons it seems useless, unless you want to go full bbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrttttttt with a gunship.

If you manage to tow a cargo ship with several tons of ammo , is a great update....
If not, be ready to run dry very, very fast.

I use this mod on my Corvette two H sized multis (rapid, oversized) and FDL and Mamba (rapid, thermic). Increased rate of fire greatly reduces time on target for these large caliber guns and the firing sounds are pure symphony. Jitter up to 1,2 km is negligible.
Rapid firing mod also reduces spin up time for L sized multicannons, worth considering if you're annoyed by pause between press of the firing button and weapon fire.

Last edited:
I use this mod on my Corvette two H sized multis (rapid, oversized) and FDL and Mamba (rapid, thermic). Increased rate of fire greatly reduces time on target for these large caliber guns and the firing sounds are pure symphony. Jitter up to 1,2 km is negligible.
Rapid firing mod also reduces spin up time for L sized multicannons, worth considering if you're annoyed by pause between press of the firing button and weapon fire.
It reduces spin up time??? I don't think the blueprint always did that. I remember asking if it worked that way some years ago.

It reduces spin up time??? I don't think the blueprint always did that. I remember asking if it worked that way some years ago.

My mistake. I made a comparison a moment ago, spin up is the same, altough spin control is somewhat easier due to quicker firing, but I don't think cmdrs rely on that.

I thought reduced spin up time would have been too good to be true. The class 3 fixed multi cannon is one of the most frustrating weapons for me because of the spin up. Otherwise I still don't really understand the rapid fire mod. Maybe theres some fringe benefit when using experimentals like thermal shock? I don't really know.

not realy,my beams 4a g5 engineered take care of most my problems,if you are talking pvp then its a differnt ball game, see where youre coming from though,07 cmdr
You will have a hard time with only beams in tank hull ships, and is a serious downgrade to have half of your firepower reduced bc you are dry on ammo.
I use this load you talk about in my Vette, and is a HUGE difference in killing time when my pair of MCs with corrosive run dry.
What take 5-10 sec with MCs on will take 15-20 sec or more with only beams. When you are in a ResH and you fight 2 wings of NPC at once, killing fast is really important.
And no, I do not talk PvP - only PvE - and I usually make my credits in massacre missions....
Fast fire mod is NOT for ResH or massacre missions, where you need a high degree of "ammo free" in order to deal with several dozens of targets / h.
Can work great for fast, surgical assassination missions, tough...

You will have a hard time with only beams in tank hull ships, and is a serious downgrade to have half of your firepower reduced bc you are dry on ammo.
I use this load you talk about in my Vette, and is a HUGE difference in killing time when my pair of MCs with corrosive run dry.
What take 5-10 sec with MCs on will take 15-20 sec or more with only beams. When you are in a ResH and you fight 2 wings of NPC at once, killing fast is really important.
And no, I do not talk PvP - only PvE - and I usually make my credits in massacre missions....
Fast fire mod is NOT for ResH or massacre missions, where you need a high degree of "ammo free" in order to deal with several dozens of targets / h.
Can work great for fast, surgical assassination missions, tough...
thanks for youre reply we both have different opions,a good thing,2 corrosive mc no,1 is enough,they dont stack btw, have fun

thanks for youre reply we both have different opions,a good thing,2 corrosive mc no,1 is enough,they dont stack btw, have fun
And who argues here about corrosive mod stacking, lol ? What has to do stacking effects with the fact disputed here ( fast fire MC will deplete VERY fast your ammo) is beyond my comprehension, anyway. Not to remember you another "detail" - the Vette small hard points position do NOT allow, always, for both MCs to hit the target...

If your target is lateral to you, only ONE turret will be able to fire. That to help you realize the "stacking effect" is very subjective, and many times only one turret will hit.
More to that, since you obvious "forgot" what an "auto fire" option allow a turret to do - fighting several ships at once give you the GREAT advantage to have EACH turret hitting a different target at the same time. Obvious the main desired effect is not the damage, but yes, the corrosive effect applied at TWO targets at the same time.
And that is different from "stacking" 😏

So, making assumptions about "stacking effect" in this case is a bit silly, considering the case. But do not bother with my build, have your way as you like.

That being said, have fun mate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom