Ships Beluga Liner Rate my ride - Beluga edition

o7 CMDRs...

I would like to ask you to rate my exploration Beluga and help me find possible flaws.
Sometimes one (me 😝) is very narrow minded and doesn't think all things through....

I want to do an extensive exploration trip corewards the Orion arm in my Beluga,
to chase my very own (self-chosen) white whale, or rather my very own glowing green giant.

For that I put together this marvelous wonder of Saud-Kruger makings...

Any tips to improve?
Jump range isn't that important, because I intend on visit a lot of systems anyways.
I won't downgrade my shields, a raw mj value of 1000+ is fundamentally required, because I fly open only,
even on returning to civilised space (or rather Carcosa, which is my destination).

The ship itself is built & engineered as above, so I only need to tweek it.

Looks good. Personally I'd do the power plant to 5A armoured thermal. Higher integrity for the only module you can't repair.
Not a bad idea actually.
This is why I posted this thread (y)
I just have to test it, because the Beluga isn't a cold running ship and I went to low emissions because scooping the 128t fuel tank takes a lot of time inside the corona...

Not a bad idea actually.
This is why I posted this thread (y)
I just have to test it, because the Beluga isn't a cold running ship and I went to low emissions because scooping the 128t fuel tank takes a lot of time inside the corona...

You could try powering down non essentials while scooping, like cargo, fighter, limpet controller and even shields. Maybe exchange a shield booster for a second heat sink.

To be honest I've not much experience with Beluga heat issues, but I'm sure others have tackled this issue.

Last edited:
If also be tempted to put the enhanced low power mod on the shields and make up the resistances with your boosters. Combined with dropping the pp, that will give you a few extra lys range too.

Thanks to your input I changed my Powerplant to a 5A armoured g5 with thermal spread.

Overheating is a bit worse, especially when charging the FSD and boosting, but for scooping it's ok.

I also changed the PD to a 6D one with a g3 engine focus and stripped down.
Got me a little bit of range but now I can boost twice in a row and then way more often with 420 then before with the 4A PD.

As mentioned by GeoJase the power plant can't be repaired outside of stations perhaps the double braced experimental might be better as it adds 33% integrity (@ armoured G5), as to thermals EDSY has a thermal tab (bottom middle) that could be useful for checking potential thermal issues,

Strange, there are hundreds of thread where someone repeatedly answers with "Beluga",
but no general "Beluga Lounge" thread - or I am just too stupid to find it?! ;)

Therefore I hijack this one just to say that I now completely understand!

I have bought the Beluga Liner some time ago, to put together another exploration vessel,
but wasn't satisfied with the fuelscoop as I'm usually try to travel as fast as possible.
So I sold it...

But now with the upcoming FCs I wanted a new exploration flagship,
and as it will travel with the FC the fuelscoop isnt an issue anymore (also docking isnt on a FC :D)

So I put together this one: https://s.orbis.zone/6w9_
(yes, I need all this stuff for immersion :p)

And it is already starting to supersede the Orca which was my favourite after a few jumps! :)
The look!
The view!
The agility!
The versatility!

@Rick6549: Sorry that it took so long! ;)

I like your approach in doing something different with Beluga, I use a Cutter for my flagship, but yeah why not. It will not fight hard but that`s not the point as it is a flagship.
I would however drop the prismatics and fit G5 Low Power Enhanced 6A with the fast charge mod. It will serve far far better in reality. Prismatics and several boosters wil take an age to recharge if in a gunfight. They will take a good hit, but constant hits require more than sheer power. They need to recharge as quickly as possible as well.

Strange, there are hundreds of thread where someone repeatedly answers with "Beluga",
but no general "Beluga Lounge" thread - or I am just too stupid to find it?! ;)

Therefore I hijack this one just to say that I now completely understand!

I have bought the Beluga Liner some time ago, to put together another exploration vessel,
but wasn't satisfied with the fuelscoop as I'm usually try to travel as fast as possible.
So I sold it...

But now with the upcoming FCs I wanted a new exploration flagship,
and as it will travel with the FC the fuelscoop isnt an issue anymore (also docking isnt on a FC :D)

So I put together this one: https://s.orbis.zone/6w9_
(yes, I need all this stuff for immersion :p)

And it is already starting to supersede the Orca which was my favourite after a few jumps! :)
The look!
The view!
The agility!
The versatility!

@Rick6549: Sorry that it took so long! ;)
I had an owners club in dangerous discussion but it kinda died out

I would however drop the prismatics and fit G5 Low Power Enhanced 6A with the fast charge mod. It will serve far far better in reality. Prismatics and several boosters wil take an age to recharge if in a gunfight. They will take a good hit, but constant hits require more than sheer power. They need to recharge as quickly as possible as well.

I don't think he intends to fight back with his imperial hammer lol
Anyway if he high waked and then jumped again he should lose his attacker, thats potentialy 80 to 90 ly he's put between himself and his attacker

Top Bottom