Re: Tuition award to my buddy

o7 cmdrs

Thanks to my buddy for the incredible tuition.. ive now made 130 million in 2 hours of void opal mining.. woohoo... my goal of becoming a billionaire is approaching fast

many many thanks

o7 o7 o7

Last edited:
I think it's great that you found someone helpful who can teach you to make a lot of money fast, and kudos to that person, I'm editing a video this week myself for folks to identify cores easily.

The reference is just a warning not to rush through your goals (and I apologise for the implied condescension, it's not intentional I assure you). A billion is a decent, but not life changing amount in Elite. Do you have plans for that first billion? Most consider a billion the poverty line, I'm a bit easier on myself and don't start panicking til I'm down to 500m, but soon you'll want a second billion as the first is rapidly chewed through witht hat Anaconda/Python or both you've been wanting. How are you doing with your first chosen superpower rank? How are you doing with the engineers? Cos honestly, in any real fight, an unengineered anaconda is just a big target waiting to get its modules wrecked. Do you really need to achieve that 1bn (which will soon become 2bn, as I say) now? Just trying to help, honestly. We hemorrhage players who rush through their goals and burn out, or realise that those weren't the right goals. Hence the proverb of not slaying all your 'foes'. ;)

Last edited:
o7 cmdrs

Thanks to my buddy for the incredible tuition.. ive now made 130 million in 2 hours of void opal mining.. woohoo... my goal of becoming a billionaire is approaching fast

many many thanks

o7 o7 o7

You might want to throttle back a bit there.

There's nothing worse that flogging something to death and then realising that you're sick of it but it's still necessary to do it.

The Void Opals aren't going anywhere.
Just take what you need.

Money does not make the happiness but it contributes to the well being.

Congratulations ! But do not make a fixation on the money and also have fun in other areas.

i agree.. at the moment im just enjoying void opal mining.. ive not managed to fill my cargo hold.. but 70 opals makes 135,000,000 ish.. I just want a healthy bank balance so I can start building up my fleet of set ships.. now ive gotten the hang of the mining, I want to do it in style.. so once ive gotten a few more bucks in the bank im going to start on my empire rank..

i agree.. at the moment im just enjoying void opal mining.. ive not managed to fill my cargo hold.. but 70 opals makes 135,000,000 ish.. I just want a healthy bank balance so I can start building up my fleet of set ships.. now ive gotten the hang of the mining, I want to do it in style.. so once ive gotten a few more bucks in the bank im going to start on my empire rank..
Ah... The Cutter miner beckons... a good enough target, although the T10 is better for the job and no rank... but, of course, no-one basks n a T10 :D

Go for it, whatever keeps the game 'good' is that which makes it yours.

But, @Aashenfox speaks truth in how fast you can burn through a billion :)

Ah... The Cutter miner beckons... a good enough target, although the T10 is better for the job and no rank... but, of course, no-one basks n a T10 :D

Go for it, whatever keeps the game 'good' is that which makes it yours.

But, @Aashenfox speaks truth in how fast you can burn through a billion :)
This be why I want loads of money. I also need to get a second monitor so I can have a movie or Netflix on while I'm pulsing the wave scanner..

Like others said, don't fixate on cash. Don't make earning it a grind.
With cash, you just have other means of... making cash. But usually the same way.

Many people claim the best experience in game is at the beginning, when you need to watch your expenses and you're limited by many factors. Later, when you can get everything easy, it's just less exciting.

You've been warned ;)

I made a few dozen million pretty fast with the void opals, but found I liked bounty hunting better. It's just more fun to shoot pirates than fish in a barrel.

I think it's great that you found someone helpful who can teach you to make a lot of money fast, and kudos to that person, I'm editing a video this week myself for folks to identify cores easily.

The reference is just a warning not to rush through your goals (and I apologise for the implied condescension, it's not intentional I assure you). A billion is a decent, but not life changing amount in Elite. Do you have plans for that first billion? Most consider a billion the poverty line, I'm a bit easier on myself and don't start panicking til I'm down to 500m, but soon you'll want a second billion as the first is rapidly chewed through witht hat Anaconda/Python or both you've been wanting. How are you doing with your first chosen superpower rank? How are you doing with the engineers? Cos honestly, in any real fight, an unengineered anaconda is just a big target waiting to get its modules wrecked. Do you really need to achieve that 1bn (which will soon become 2bn, as I say) now? Just trying to help, honestly. We hemorrhage players who rush through their goals and burn out, or realise that those weren't the right goals. Hence the proverb of not slaying all your 'foes'. ;)
I never had a second billion... :(

I'm fairly sure or I'm totally naive but after speaking to my new friend that I have a level of trust and I believe that he is sincere in his intentions. It was my first ever online chatting to someone I've never met. So I'm very new to all this side of life. I do see the best in people and believe this to be the case here.

That is the next thing to be done is bounty hunting with my new friend.

Many thanks for the optimisms and warnings.

o7

Top Bottom