Combat Rank Scoring

Hey peeps

Has the way in which combat rank is calculated?
I have a new (3rd) account which i am currently playing on, I'm currently Novice 17%, I'm in a HazRez bounty hunting playing with a FDL that I'm engineering. I have killed several ships ranging from Elite downwards yet my rank only ever moves 1% regardless of the rank of the other ship.

We have all seen the Combat rank table...... https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Combat ...which says as a novice if i kill an elite ship i should get 2.5xp i know that doesn't mean 2.5% but right now anyway its 1% for all

In a CZ it seems more in keeping with that table with the bigger gains coming with the bigger kills. Just wondering if HazRez kills are treated differently now

Cheers

Be glad you still see a change in the number per kill.
At the higher ranks you needs thousands of kills to advance...

You'll need to camp out in a combat zone and kill hundreds and thousands of ships to hit elite in combat. Res sites are ok but the ships per instance aren't good enough imo. Compromised nav beacons are good also, and take pirate kill missions.

Haz RES combat rank points is no different to anywhere else. If you want to rank up quickly, go to the high RES in LTT 15574. Jump in and out until you get a spawn of small ships. You can kill about 40 an hour there. You need a total of around 6500 kills to get to Elite. Don't use beam lasers or plasma otherwise you get too many friendly fire bounties. Pulse lasers are best because you don't need much fire power when you have 10 cops helping you to kill a cobra. Instead, you need speed, long range weapons and long range sensors. If you have access and materials for engineers, make all the pulse lasersl efficient, except two of the smaller ones, which should be long range. Make your KWS automatic so that you don't need to wait for scans.

Finally, sign up to Zachary Hudson and carry the 100T of his garrison supplies once a week to get the level 2 PP bounty bonus. Here's how. The panels to access him and sign up are a bit different since the last version of ED, but the activity is the same:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px4IhbviWQw&t=310s

When the Thargoids return: AX CZ. Use the trick to get a Scout-only one and just stay until you get bored. Great fun, they're all Elite ranked. I find they get tedious so just do them every so often as I don't grind. Used scout NHSS to go up a rank on an alt recently - but obviously they have the disadvantage of having to find & travel to new ones - AX CZ are more like an all-you-can-eat combat buffet ;)

sorry not sure i made myself clear, i know how its supposed to work i'm Elite combat in both of my other accounts. Im trying to find out if they changed how scoring works (i have been away from Elite for 8 months)...

whats been happening is that if i kill (as a novice in this account) a Imperial Courier who is ranked Elite i am suppossed to gain 2.5xp regardless of whether i am in in a HazRez or CZ, as a Novice in this account and i kill that Courier in a HazRez i gain 1% on my rank but if i kill the same Courier in CZ it doesn't rank up the same 1%

If they haven't changed how the combat rank is calculated then im seeing something that shouldn't be happening

The formula is cryptic, the wiki is no longer accurate, as every kill now gives you 'something'. Reaching combat elite is the last meaningful achievement in the game, everything else can be cheesed. Most players need about 8000 kills iirc, it depends on the quality of target, naturally, working at comp navs or against thargoid scouts are the best rank fillers, but the biggest piece of advice I can give you is simply don't use fighters, when your crew is flying it they take half your combat experience.

sorry not sure i made myself clear, i know how its supposed to work i'm Elite combat in both of my other accounts. Im trying to find out if they changed how scoring works (i have been away from Elite for 8 months)...

whats been happening is that if i kill (as a novice in this account) a Imperial Courier who is ranked Elite i am suppossed to gain 2.5xp regardless of whether i am in in a HazRez or CZ, as a Novice in this account and i kill that Courier in a HazRez i gain 1% on my rank but if i kill the same Courier in CZ it doesn't rank up the same 1%

If they haven't changed how the combat rank is calculated then im seeing something that shouldn't be happening
Are you saying you think cz ships are worth less rank than hazres ships? Is it possible you were using a fighter in one and not in the other?

Last edited:
Top Bottom