Connection Issue With Fresh Install

After a (rage) uninstall of the game earlier in the week I relented and reinstalled, via Steam. At the same time I nuked my old character and decided to start fresh with a new one. However now having issues getting the actual game to run.

I can get the launcher box to appear and my account details are all coming up correctly.
I can start the actual game and get to the main menu.
I press Continue and get to the gameplay mode launch screen.
I then press on either Solo or Open at which point I get an extended loading screen for about two minutes, followed by a connection error timeout.

I've checked Windows Defender/Firewall to ensure ED is access enabled. None of my other PC settings or hardware has changed. I'm not computer savvy enough to start messing about with port settings (and nor really should I have to).

Before I file a ticket with Support, are there any other steps someone could suggest?

Now the update is well and truly in, tried again.

On a hunch I launched the game as standard ED rather than Horizons and - yes (!) - able to launch off with my little Sidewinder.

Did a couple of missions, exited completely out the game and this time tried going in with Horizons. Success - so it seems the answer for anyone with similar problems is to launch the vanilla game first, as starting over with Horizons for some reason doesn't work out the box.

Top Bottom