Player contact on your radar: what's your quick take based on the ship info? (survey with a skin up for grabs)

I quick check on panel 2, local contacts (includes friends list). If they're not both in the friends list/local and anything other than a type 6/7/9/10 and/or an FDL, considered hostile until verified otherwise.

Can't log in where I'm at but the answer is easy in open.
I trust no hollow contacts regardless of ship type. I assume the worst, hope for the best.
I do so even when not in open, really.

Thanks everyone for your participation!

🥇: The winner is "Cmdr Freebird 2", aka 13A/24B on the forum.

With the introduction of Arx, it seems that ship skins can no longer be gifted directly.
However, the FAQ says that Arx packs can be gifted. I'll look into it and reach out via private message.

I got about 50 responses, with only a few invalid ones.
One person in particular marked all combat ships as "passenger" and "No PvP, definitely" and vice versa for the transport and starter ships 🤦‍♂️

A few insights
  1. FDL and Mamba are almost unanimously seen as Combat ships with the highest likelihood of PvP interaction.
  2. Asp Scout is one of the rare ships that no one has a clue about, only two things that everyone agrees on: it's not a passenger ship and unlikely to result in PvP interaction (although a few folks felt that it could be "PvP definitely" just for the meme effect).
  3. Among the federal ships, the Dropship is the most underappreciated ship, PvP wise.
  4. If you want to surprise folks, try PvP-ing with a Dolphin, Hauler, T9, T6 or T7 (in order of increasing surprise effect)

The data (minus the invalid entries) is used in EDR's discord bot to assess roles and play-styles based on the ships a commander is sighted in.

If I see orange red I think hostile, if I see green I think friendly, if I could see purple I would think pvper or ganker and jump somewhere else please bring purple icons to the game.

o7 commanders,

I'm curious to see the level of agreement among the community about how they assess a player contact on their radar just using the ship info.

"Ignoring the loadout, when you see [insert ship name] in open, you immediately think of [category] and expect [PvP / no-PvP / mixed] interactions."

I made a form to collect your quick assessment for each ship
In the form, you can leave your commander name and a mean of contact to enter a draw and win a skin.

I'll share back the insights with the community after receiving enough responses.

Thanks in advance!

Doesn't work for me but I can report here - time to log out of open and into PG.

1. Among the federal ships, the Dropship is the most underappreciated ship, PvP wise.
  2. If you want to surprise folks, try PvP-ing with a Dolphin, Hauler, T9, T6 or T7 (in order of increasing surprise effect)

1. The FDS is a great ship!
2. Might laugh them to death if you attacked with a Type-9!

Last edited:
Seldomly see any live CMNDRs and usually they're docked or wake out when they spot me.

But one must assume hostile intent until proven otherwise, silly not to be wary.

Ok, an update on my reaction.
Saw a CMDR this week. In a Denton Patreus powerplay system.
Me: Undermining, almost fulfilled my quota (i.e. had enough merits for the next cycle), pledged to Archon Delaine, flying a Krait Mk.II
He: Pledged to Denton Patreus, flying an Anaconda, holo-me with war paint
My reaction: high wake out there fast, before he could get at my six, then do a second jump, just in case he got a wake scanner and was willing to use it

Top Bottom