Horizons Rearview mirror

Was driving SRV in a port on low gravity hiting walls and bumping around and felt like I'd really apriciate the rearview mirror (I'm not a blond, no)! Please devs! :D

Last edited:
It won't help, but since there is no "back window" for the view out... maybe side mirrors might help.

You have 2 options.

1. Use the debug camera - though you can't drive at the same time, you can at least look around you.

or 2. switch to the turret mode and look using that - and if you have your controls set up correctly you can drive at the same time!

You may have noticed that very few videogames have mirrors.
This is because they have a big* impact on performance. Basically the game has to render 1 more scene for each mirror.**
So, I'm not sure you will see them anytime soon on a SRV.

* Depending on optimisations ( lower resolution, less details, updated once every x frames, etc... )
** with current triangle rasterization tech. Once we have raytracing graphics cards, it will be different ;)

Rear view camera then.

And we've been asking for static cameras (no, not third person, just rear and perhaps down/up cameras) for over a year now ;)

I know I'm not the only person who wants to see the planet surface zip away behind me as I leave orbit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom