General Reasons To Complain

To enable Fdev complaints to be handled more efficiently please make sure your complaint fits into one of the categories below and number your complaint appropriately:

1. Something that hasn't been introduced.
1a. Something that has been introduced.
2. Something that has been removed or updated.
2a. Something that hasn't been removed or updated
3. Something that is just speculation based on zero or little knowledge (Reddit speculations do count)
4. Why the game should be more generic and more like the other games.
5. Why the game should be kept different and unique.
6. Why fdev doesn't listen to you (mostly its because DB & IB heard it 30 years ago from EMI/Thorne, you're saying nothing new, EMI didn't get it then and you don't get it now)
7. Why you as a solo voice are speaking for the whole Community and should be listened to - use words like 'significant forum members' to try and show that your voice is more important than others.
8. How the game could be so much better if only they copied XYZ feature from ABC game.
9. Why it should be pay to win - Materials and soon the new FC fuel as well, please use Red Crayon for these complaints.
10. Why it should stay play to win.
11. Why you're not spending any more money now that ARX are given to you for playing the game because its somehow forced grind. You'd rather spend money and then not play the game, buying things for ships you'll never log in to see presumably, otherwise you cant help but get the free ARX doing what you were doing while paying for paintjobs with cash.
12. Why Frontier is going to go bankrupt. Why the game is dead or dying.
13. Why the game is going to die if frontier make another stupid decision, even though the profits keep going up and they are giving away DLCs & even ARX so cant be micro-transactions as the accounts prove.
14. Why you haven't played for a year and why you aren't going to play for another year - please use Black Marker and preferably scrawl in CAPITALS because a tantrum always gets the attention first and you're more important than current daily players who love the game.
15. Why the game is too hard (newer players only please)
16. Why the game is too easy (experienced players only please)
17. BGS
18. Crime & Punishment - wrap this up in various ways and disguise as something else if possible
19. Open V Solo and why it matters to you as a player what somebody else does in their game, how it affects you and why its outrageous
20. Why the game should be combat based.
21. Why the game should be PVP based.
22. Why the game should be Exploration based.
23. Why the game should be Trading based.
24. Why the game is already one of the above and why everybody should do that.
25. Why that bit should be the focus of updates and nothing else can be updated ever because 'nobody' cares about it, apart from all the players who do but they don't count
26. Why your interpretation of the game should be everybody's interpretation of the game including the designers of the game or why yours is better and would make everybody happy.
27. Grind, anything you personally don't like can be described as grind as long as you can say it gets in the way of what you want to do.
28. Everything else.
29. Anything else.

Oh LOL! You must be bored out of your mind for posting this (and myself for reading it!), but respect; I think you covered most what I've read here over the years :D

Question: Which category Nr. should I list about other members of the forum giving me too many options/reasons to complain about? ;)

Last edited:
All because they as in fdev are not sticking to their designs. By changing functionality to keep everyone happy last minute due to in some cases forum threads.

They need to stick to their guns and just do it. Dont listen to threads asking for change of features which effect complete and partly delivered features

Mr. Braben set out to remake Elite with a ten year development plan (approx.). FDev has mostly kept with that plan so far. I don't think they'll deviate very much unless there is a real majority backlash from the player base. imho

All because they as in fdev are not sticking to their designs. By changing functionality to keep everyone happy last minute due to in some cases forum threads.

They need to stick to their guns and just do it. Dont listen to threads asking for change of features which effect complete and partly delivered features
So much so this.

Top Bottom