Game Discussions Red Dead Redemption 2 pictures.

Show us your world of the old west...

20200511184408_1.jpg
20200511184705_1.jpg
20200511184432_1.jpg
20200511184505_1.jpg
20200511184737_1.jpg

I will probably do another play-through in time unless the game crashes haven't been fixed... a shame the story is way too heavy and depressing.

I will probably do another play-through in time unless the game crashes haven't been fixed...
PC or console?
a shame the story is way too heavy and depressing.
I didn't get that far into the story, found myself just wandering around doing side-missions and whatnot. My wife just does the online version, and she loves it.

I'm not a big fan of heavy, depressing stories, so now I'm wondering if I should even bother. I haven't played in awhile.

PC or console?

I didn't get that far into the story, found myself just wandering around doing side-missions and whatnot. My wife just does the online version, and she loves it.

I'm not a big fan of heavy, depressing stories, so now I'm wondering if I should even bother. I haven't played in awhile.
Well I’m 100 hours in, and about 70% of the main story, life as a outlaw is not all red roses and glory, but I like it sad or not it’s darn good story so far.

PC or console?

PC. My mobo was listed at launch in those that had issues, and indeed I had regular crashes. I finished the story and wanted to take time and lose myself in the open world, but at point I just gave up on it.

The story is indeed heavy, at the very least there is that sense of circling down the drain in so many ways at the same time. Having said that, gameplay and visuals-wise at least, it is still recommended to go through, it's worth it. I just don't feel like doing a second play-through, what I normally do with other Rockstar Games.

Well I’m 100 hours in, and about 70% of the main story, life as a outlaw is not all red roses and glory, but I like it sad or not it’s darn good story so far.

Great story with a lot of details in great R* fashion. But to me it is too downtrodden, more depressing than RDR1 which I think was on the right balance. Post your opinion once you finish... :)

20200515233158_1.jpg

Epilogue: completed, well never played RDR 1, however I understand that it begins after RDR 2, sadly we won’t see it on PC, great story, very sad the whole thing, finding the rest of the gang members, those who are alive was a good way to see some made it, my Arthur was bad until he got the TB after that he changed and died with honor, kind of emotional to say goodbye, I played more than 150 hours, as I wanted to take it slow, did as many side quests as I could.
I kind of enjoyed to escape the bounty hunters, changing horse and appearance could fool them a bit, enough to get ammo and provisions, building the range and farming was also fun at the end, I just missed Arthur and when the game finally ended I was kind of left with and empty feel of, what is my characters purpose now?

well read a post how to make RDR Online a SOLO game, so I will try that.

Last edited:
View attachment 173397
Epilogue: completed, well never played RDR 1, however I understand that it begins after RDR 2, sadly we won’t see it on PC, great story, very sad the whole thing, finding the rest of the gang members, those who are alive was a good way to see some made it, my Arthur was bad until he got the TB after that he changed and died with honor, kind of emotional to say goodbye, I played more than 150 hours, as I wanted to take it slow, did as many side quests as I could.
I kind of enjoyed to escape the bounty hunters, changing horse and appearance could fool them a bit, enough to get ammo and provisions, building the range and farming was also fun at the end, I just missed Arthur and when the game finally ended I was kind of left with and empty feel of, what is my characters purpose now?

At the end, the section to honor Eagle Flies was sublime.

Had you played RDR1, Marston would be as important as Arthur. If you like RDR2 that much, I'd recommend finding a way to pick up and play RDR1, perhaps a used PS3? The map overlaps, New Austin (I expected more of RDR2 in using that part of the map, that is more like traditional western I grew up with) and Blackwater where it begins, but there is a part in Mexico which is perhaps my favorite. The story of RDR1 is great too.

Sadly, this game is the epilogue of Dan Houser at R*, perhaps this is why it was this dark. I do worry that future R* games will lose substance.

View attachment 173397

Do let us in on how to make RDR2 online not online...I'd play it too.

At the end, the section to honor Eagle Flies was sublime.

Had you played RDR1, Marston would be as important as Arthur. If you like RDR2 that much, I'd recommend finding a way to pick up and play RDR1, perhaps a used PS3? The map overlaps, New Austin (I expected more of RDR2 in using that part of the map, that is more like traditional western I grew up with) and Blackwater where it begins, but there is a part in Mexico which is perhaps my favorite. The story of RDR1 is great too.

Sadly, this game is the epilogue of Dan Houser at R*, perhaps this is why it was this dark. I do worry that future R* games will lose substance.
Oh didn't know that he was leaving, i don't follow the news regarding the studios that much, but it's dark skies for future games from RS that's for sure.

and....

So i managed to play online and didn't see any players, but man it was boring coming from the SP story part, i think I will just tool around in SP and then give it a rest and redo the whole thing later on.

So i managed to play online and didn't see any players, but man it was boring coming from the SP story part, i think I will just tool around in SP and then give it a rest and redo the whole thing later on.

One of the things I really like to do in both RDRs is to stop by a desert town in the middle of nowhere and play poker or whatnot. I am also toying with the thought of giving it another go, but I fear it will continue crashing.

One of the things I really like to do in both RDRs is to stop by a desert town in the middle of nowhere and play poker or whatnot. I am also toying with the thought of giving it another go, but I fear it will continue crashing.
I enjoy the hunting part, finding that perfect hide, i even tried to catch some of them alive, but no luck so far :D
Never was good at poker, maybe i should try it in RDR2

Ok , I am finally looking to add this game to my collection. Options are Steam and Epic Store, although the price is exactly the same on each if I buy direct. If I buy through Green Man Gaming I can get an additional bit of money off for Epic.

So a platform question I guess, any benefits of choosing Steam over Epic wrt to RDR2 ?

Got a 25% Voucher for epic by selecting the free game, so went with that. The download is mahoosive ..... 122GB!!!!!

Top Bottom