Horizons Reputation drops itself over time??

So I´ve been off the bubble for some exploring now over a week and all the time I watch my 99% allied imperial reputation slowly going down by itself. I´m at 81% now. Is this intended?? It goes back to 75% if you do nothing? OMG

Yes. To me one of the worst design decisions FD has made even though I haven't seriously worked on upping my rep and really haven't had the time. One day I hope to have more time to play and less time working. :)

While I want immersion many 'realism' things are and should be sacrificed because it is just a game.

Not sure of FD motivation, perhaps encourage some players to come back more often, or give the most loyal players a differentiation over more casual- but they get that anyway with profits and rank, etc.

More than anything else this mechanic convinced me of three things:

-one day, the cash from one time sales will become insufficient to keep the game afloat, and Frontier know this.

-a cash shop will eventually emerge, selling more than just skins.

-methods for reducing grind (aka, selling convenience back to us) will be introduced in this future cash shop.

This sort of thing honestly does not bother me, unless: reducing grind allows access to noticeably more powerful weapons and shields which can be used in open pvp more quickly thereby.

So I´ve been off the bubble for some exploring now over a week and all the time I watch my 99% allied imperial reputation slowly going down by itself. I´m at 81% now. Is this intended?? It goes back to 75% if you do nothing? OMG

Yes, this is fully intended to work this way, but it is easy to get your rep up again.
Your rep stays in the upper region of friendly.
This simulates a natural phenomenon called "out of sight out of heart". :)
I like it. It adds a bit of natural dynamic to the rep mechanic.

Just ignore the doom and gloom of my fellow CMDRS :D.

Last edited:
The issue is it effects mission pay-outs. It also has very little to do with reality; as according to FD, we don't have days off or have a real life.

The issue is it effects mission pay-outs. It also has very little to do with reality; as according to FD, we don't have days off or have a real life.

With only a few missions you become already allied again as the rep stay in the upper region of friendly.
It is absolutely no problem whatsoever.
I hardly notice it.
I like this mechanism.

Money is so easy to come by that I do not see this as a noticeable effect at all.
But then I do not grind for credits that way. I simply do what comes to mind.
Some days I am allied to the feds and currently I am friendly. Tomorrow I might be allied again.
It's the same with the other major factions. Is no big deal at all.

Last edited:
With only a few missions you become already allied again as the rep stay in the upper region of friendly.
It is absolutely no problem whatsoever.
I hardly notice it.
I like this mechanism.

Money is so easy to come by that I do not see this as a noticeable effect at all.
But then I do not grind for credits that way. I simply do what comes to mind.
Some days I am allied to the feds and currently I am friendly. Tomorrow I might be allied again.
It's the same with the other major factions. Is no big deal at all.
I just feel that it is too fast and has little to do with our general game play. It is the same for everyone, without consideration for loyalty or history for the said faction. Yes, I understand it was introduced to raise reputation, for those finding themselves hostile with a faction, So that over time, the player may return and stand a chance of re-building reputation. At the same time, if like myself; you have been loyal to just one faction and spend most of your playing time doing missions for that faction; it is just silly that after a few days off, or even just go off for days exploration, you lose your Allied reputation. One size fits all is not really appropriate for this game.

Just imagine your chosen power asking "well what have you done for us lately?"

It doesn't drop too far and is fairly easy to get back up.

Now I finally understand. This happened before, but the idiot ME was wondering countless times what the hell did I do wrong to the Empire??
OK I can live with this. Now to find a way to grind to that bloody Cutter...

The issue is you don't see that you take ALL missions from MINOR factions.

My minor Sirius or Takura Legion faction rank doesn't deceased over time since....august 2015 i think.

Don't bother with major faction allegiance's decease.

At the same time, if like myself; you have been loyal to just one faction and spend most of your playing time doing missions for that faction; it is just silly that after a few days off, or even just go off for days exploration, you lose your Allied reputation.

I agree with that.
But... is that actually the case?
I don't remember seeing my rep drop so fast.
I have not been in Federal space for four/five days now and I am still considered an ally (I thought I had become friendly as I said earlier, but they still love me :)).

But I agree it would be great if the system could differentiate a bit more.
For example when you are pledged to an Imperial power your status might stay allied for the time you are pledged, even if you are out of town for a few weeks.
It would also be great if the game measured loyalty.
For example I have been loyal to one and the same power since the start.
It would be great if this counted for something.
Perhaps loyal pledges like me should not sink below rank 2 or 3 as a reward for their undying loyalty.

But in the end it is a game of course.
It is nice certain mechanisms like these are in the game at all.
But I do welcome any type of refinement if possible.

Last edited:
I agree with that.
But... is that actually the case?
I don't remember seeing my rep drop so fast.
I have not been in Federal space for four/five days now and I am still considered an ally.

But I agree it would be great if the system could differentiate a bit more.
For example when you are pledged to an Imperial power your status might stay allied for the time you are pledged, even if you are out of town for a few weeks.

But in the end it is a game of course.
It is nice certain mechanisms like these are in the game at all.
But I do welcome any type of refinement if possible.
That would be nice. The thing with me is, my game sessions are few and far between and i only play for a couple of hours at any time. So I just spend most of my time, restoring reputation.

That would be nice. The thing with me is, my game sessions are few and far between and i only play for a couple of hours at any time. So I just spend most of my time, restoring reputation.

Some guys always want more.
Being just friends is nice too :).

Last edited:
Just imagine your chosen power asking "well what have you done for us lately?"

It doesn't drop too far and is fairly easy to get back up.

Ok, that's actually...a really good point. Why I didnt think about it that way earlier I dont immediately know. Paranoia based on past experiences with online games, perhaps. But yeah, that sort of makes sense; no free rides or hangers on.

Top Bottom