CQC [Request] - please leave the chat open after the match

I know others don't agree, but one thing I think is lacking in ED in general is the ability to form relationships with other CMDRs. In lieu of a Global Chat in Open Space, perhaps CQC can help on this front. It sure would be nice to have the ability to say Good Game and a quick after game chat. - Could you not force a chat screen in between rounds? To that end perhaps not binding it to the Enter key?

Thanks for the consideration.

Hi I agree that this could be nice. What I most want though is a chat window in the cqc menu and game lobby so you are abel to contact friends you might want to play with. You can obviously invite them but you cant ask them if they want to join without going to the main menu. And even if you do go to the main menu then they might not see it if they are in the cqc menu or a lobby. This makes it unessecerily frustrating to group up with people you know ingame. If the chat was visible in the menu and the lobby it would be easy to get an answer about if the person vanted to play or not. I can see a reason for not having a lobby chat would be that some might be frustrated or flaming after a loss. But should not be impossible to have the caht so you atleast can contact your friends or see private messages?

At the very least I belive there sould be a wing chat at all places within cqc and a proper chat in cqc menu. Maybe someone else wants to join the fun and you are not the leader but between games you cant tell you wing partner. That would mean you would have to go out to the main menu to explaine the situation, he might think you just werent intressted in playing more and either quit for the day or miss your messeage and start another game.

The flip side of the coin is that it's also open to abuse. We all know how people become idiots when they can hide behind a wall of anonymity.

The flip side of the coin is that it's also open to abuse. We all know how people become idiots when they can hide behind a wall of anonymity.
True but it's not a reason to enforce silence on everyone else. I played a lot of Quake and Painkeep back in the day and idiots were few and far between.

The odd GG would be fine with me :)

Top Bottom