Discussion Retrieve coriolis.io builds on new machine?

Sorry if this is a FAQ. I tried a search but probably didn't have the right terms.

So I had a ton of ship builds (actual and speculative) in Coriolis.io. Recently got a new machine. I am assuming the personalized builds links were stored somewhere in a cookie, and thus, on the new machine I don't see any of them. I can upload my current ships, but is there anyway to get my old ones back? I may be able to retrieve the cookie/other file from the old machine if I know where to look.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks, that is good for my ACTUAL builds, but I had built numerous "speculative" builds in CORIOLIS to test various configurations, even for ships I did not yet own.

ED Market Connector also lets me upload my selected ship builds to CORIOLIS

Sorry if this is a FAQ. I tried a search but probably didn't have the right terms.

So I had a ton of ship builds (actual and speculative) in Coriolis.io. Recently got a new machine. I am assuming the personalized builds links were stored somewhere in a cookie, and thus, on the new machine I don't see any of them. I can upload my current ships, but is there anyway to get my old ones back? I may be able to retrieve the cookie/other file from the old machine if I know where to look.

Thanks in advance!

On your old machine, go into the settings and click "Detailed export". Save it somewhere and on your new machine, use "Import" in the same menu.

Yep you need your OLD machine as the site cheats and stores the builds on your hardware not its servers...
It uses Browser local storage space so even if you had a mobile and tried to access the site there would be no data on that as its not stored server side...
Unlike Inara or EDSM that store you hole fleet on their servers all builds on coriolis.io are that machine and that browser on that machine only...
So you need to Export every one manually from the site and import to the New web browser on the new machine..

Thanks guys! I went to the old machine, accessed CORIOLIS and in Settings I used the BACKUP function (not sure how this is different from DETAILED EXPORT, but I did both just in case). Then went to the NEW machine, did IMPORT and cut and pasted everything and hit IMPORT. Looks good now!

So, interesting, while I was trying to get to my builds on the OLD machine I didn't immediately have them on CORIOLIS.IO, but I found a LINK to one of the builds in the HISTORY bar. When I accessed that LINK, I found all my builds in addition to the specific one. I guess I could have tried that on the new machine, but it seems everything is back in via the BACKUP/IMPORT process.

Top Bottom