Return to JP DLC skins. Replacement or additional cosmetic genes?

With the remodeling and re-skinning of rex, raptors, spitters, trike, brachio, para, and stego, do you guys think the skins will be replacement cosmetic genes for the originals of these dinos or additional cosmetic genes?

I'm having a bit of trouble interpreting your question, but it sounds like you're asking if these are new cosmetic skins or if they're scrapping the current skins and replacing them with these new ones... in which case, these are definitely new cosmetic genes.

Well, I don't think they are cosmetic genes like the ones currently in the game, because those genes are are actually from other extisting animals through the concept of Trangenesis, in which you take a gene from an animal's genome and stick it into another, and what they are really are just color and (occasionally) pattern changers. I also highly doubt they would be true model replacements, because do you think it's a fair permanent change for every single person in the world who plays the game? I don't think so.

I do believe they are some kind of dinosaur cosmetic changes, but if what kind I'm not sure. Nobody truly knows yet, but we all will have to wait and see.

I'm assuming that it will be either a new slot or something like a reuse of the Indominus camo slot where you can swap between them.

It would allow things like the different classic raptor skins as well for it, tying them to a specific genome option there, or opening them up with different iterations.

Hell, I'd suggested an Iteration system that would be based on the genome sequence iterations mentioned in the novels where they'd had several versions of various dinosaurs as they made minor changes to make them either be able to work or to fine tune them. Making it also work for wider differences in appearance that could be used to follow the book Wu's suggestion of the "classic" tail-dragging dinosaurs that he believed visitors would expect and have a classics set of skins and dlc setting them up.

Top Bottom