Returning: The prodigial son

Hello Cmdr's
Well, well, I will be coming back to see what has happened, after a one and half year absence, I hope that some of the initial flaws have been sorted out now, and that , its steady going.
My absence was due to private reasons and also due to the games inconsistency, in terms of trade and combat, especially of the Hamster wheel principle applied to combat.
Anyway this will be fun just exploring, what ever assets I have or not,because I cant remember, but I will take what is there.
If nothing has changed, my stay will be short, if however the changes are major, i will probably bother you further on.

giphy.webp

Welcome back Napoleon!

I must admit I only glance at the forums every now and again and play the game about as much too. Various reasons why...

Have fun and see you around my friend!

Welcome back comrade!

You'll find the game inconsistency is still present. I've learned to live with it and find it easy to ignore and not use certain features such as telepresence.

Having said that, I think you'll find the game has improved in the time you've been away, especially planet surfaces which look great.

Anyway, I hope you stick around.

:)

Last edited:
[video=youtube_share;xZzEzDkeHzI]https://youtu.be/xZzEzDkeHzI[/video]

But I'm afraid your stay will be short - some things have changed, there are a few new ships (the Krait is grait in VR) and the graphics have improved. The BGS is unchanged, as is PP, and there is a new Crime & Punishment setup in effect, which annoys about as many people as it favours.

Don't know you but welcome back [up]

But should you leave again due to boredom/burnout/playing other games I just ask up front: can I haz your stuff ?

;)

Hey there again.

There were some changes and additions to the game lately but don't expect major overhaul. Those were rather few steps in the right direction. Well, sometimes. We have new Crime and Punishment system that "fixed", or at least attempted to do so, few things, breaking others. No clear explanation how it works lead to some nasty surprises. But, as everything in ED, when you get the basic idea you can live with it.

We got new trade tools. Welcome change but nothing revolutionary (hehe, is that a pun?) and still not a competition to Inara/EDDB. New contacts in stations - material traders. Now you can exchange (at rip off prices if upgrading) one material into another. Handy when you are having bad luck and have in abundance something you can actually exchange.

We had some "balance checks", namely mission types withdrawal due to "imbalanced payouts".

We got few new ships. Some of them were "updated" with higher grade slot or plainly slot added making them more viable.

And promises on mining and exploration changes in upcoming chapters.

Apart from that it's pretty much the same Bubble as it used to be. Oh, Thagroids spread their burning love among some stations, you can fight them if you like it. We got recently access to some of Guardian stuff, semi alternative to engineering as once unlocked modules are somewhat comparable to engineered ones. Guardian FSD boost is nice addition to add extra jump range.

Before you dive deep, eat a lemon first so your face would be prepared for the shock :p

I just came back from a similar length break last week. Cliff notes: Engineering is now easier, there are Thargoids but they're not worth fighting financially (though do seem an excellent solo challenge), there are new experimental weapons and modules based on alien tech but most of it doesn't work well on humans (but FSD Boosters look insanely useful), the Krait and Chieftain both look like pretty cool new ships, the mission system is largely the same ponderous beast, though doing wing assassinations solo is probably the closest to fun I've had doing missions.

Hiihi Cmdrs , thanks for yor elaborate and kind replies. :)
No, nobody can haz my stuff, I will squander that billion myself. And again thank you for the cool answers, the original spirit of Elite is still alive , yaae!!
I will log on and give it a go, if Mobius is still up I will start there.
Fly safe Cmdr's

Last edited:
Good to see you back Napoleon! Wow, much has changed since you've been gone. There are like four new ships and the human bubble has been swarmed by thargoids of various types. Stations have been burning and refugees fleeing. Meeting the challenge are new ships, anti-thargoid weapons, and new research into the guardians which have released hybrid-guardian weapons and modules for all, with material requisites of course. Most all ships can partake of the guardian booster for an increased fsd range across the board where most are jumping happy now. C&P and Engineering has been overhauled so your engr'd items are now "legacy". Hope it's overall mostly to your liking and looking forward to see your thoughts on the changes. o7

A couple of posts, which imo link to great news for ED and Frontier's renewed commitment to it's future:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...Expectations?p=6759704&viewfull=1#post6759704
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...y-livestream?p=6828577&viewfull=1#post6828577

And of course the excellent future-"spacelegs"-hinting Krait 3.1 release trailer that caused such a commotion, and fear into ED's competitors:

Last edited:
Welcome back Napoleon!

I remember some of your (much) earlier posts. Glad to see you but I don't think you're going to blown away atm :)

Hello Cmdr's
Well, well, I will be coming back to see what has happened, after a one and half year absence, I hope that some of the initial flaws have been sorted out now, and that , its steady going.
My absence was due to private reasons and also due to the games inconsistency, in terms of trade and combat, especially of the Hamster wheel principle applied to combat.
Anyway this will be fun just exploring, what ever assets I have or not,because I cant remember, but I will take what is there.
If nothing has changed, my stay will be short, if however the changes are major, i will probably bother you further on.

See you in another year and a half! o7

I did get to fire it up and I am not broke and not wanted but sitting in a Asp somewhere ? I wonder what that was about, I suppose I had a purpose (Asp is a nice ship!!, mind you!) but I much prefer the Python. Anyway we we tumble into a discussion on ships, I have to sort my controls out, x 52 seems to have forgotten everything (Hmmnnnn)
But anayway we are on the road back and that is so far cool for me, lets see if love can be rekindled.
Thanks for kind replies.

Cheers Cmdr's

PS. Heads up to the British players here, your team did well at WC, but ran out of steam. Next time is YOUR time. :)

Back
Top Bottom