Reverse the mine launcher nerf

It's more the time we're hit by mines :D:D but I did notice many NPC miners in RES deploy minefields (they're miners, so... well, they have mines LFMAO :D ) when we shoot at them and get caught by their own explosions.

I'd not be susprised to know that such 5secs arming timer has been stealthy introduced to counter an NPCs' AI failure...

The design of mines is a failure. They can hardly be used in any activities in the game and whatever they do, we mostly have a better choice.

This nerf essentially makes mines useless. They already require an adequately skilled pilot to land them on target. I would have liked to hear the reasoning for this arming time extension.

5s is a long time.

I mean, at full speed in my Phantom, assuming I'm dropping mine against my attacker matching my speed, they need to be 3455m behind me in order to hit an armed mine.

My Phantom does 591m/s.

I'd recommend reducing it to 1.5 seconds.
This. A little arming time is needed to get clear of my own mines. On many ships mines were impossible to use on some hardpoints before, since they'd hit the own ship immediately.

This. A little arming time is needed to get clear of my own mines. On many ships mines were impossible to use on some hardpoints before, since they'd hit the own ship immediately.
If mines couldn't be triggered by launched ship (bonus: wingmates), it would fix the NPCs blowing themselves up and unsuitable hardpoints.
Just very basic IFF system that should be standard.

But that requires (small amount) of coding (and testing), not only data table change.

dxm55

Banned
Sometimes, game devs over-react to a small, skilless portion of the game community when they so much as even whimper that a certain weapon is overpowered. There was another space MMORTS that had mines in the game, and when players used mines to bomb other players using slow moving heavy ships and stations, the cry went out to nerf the mines because they were not being used "as intended". Because some players who only flew supposedly all-powerful dreadnoughts and space stations were crying that these little cruisers cut across their path and laid mines. And that they could not avoid them as their pigs had a turning radius the size of Jupiter.

This nerf essentially makes mines useless. They already require an adequately skilled pilot to land them on target. I would have liked to hear the reasoning for this arming time extension.
Me too but as of late FDev doesn't release any meaningful information regarding these kind of topics. It's only what they want to release and not what we ask for. The disconnection between the community and the dev team (note, not the community "managers" that act like a wall to prevent connections) couldn't be worse.
I don't even know a single name of the dev team, they never appear on any meaningful discussion, which most likely isn't their fault as they are under NDA.

The mine launcher nerf needs to be reverted just, otherwise miens have no use. Neither in PvP, nor in PvE. They are on the same level as the caustic missile launcher now.

The arming time for mines has been greatly extended to about 5s. This makes using them for PvP nearly impossible. It even makes using them for defense impossible.

This is a senseless decision and should be reversed immediately.

In my point of view, I think the mines should be magnetic so they attract ships at a certain distance ;)

Top Bottom