Rework the Proximity Alarm to tell me if I'm going to crash into something in ~5 seconds.

The current Proximity Alarm is largely useless. If you're close enough for it to go off, you either KNOW you're close to something, or it's too late to stop yourself from crashing into it. Also, many ships have it constantly go off when they have collector limpets deployed.

Where I'd really like it to be useful is when I'm flying through stuff like asteroid fields or canyons; let me know if my current trajectory is going to crash me into something or not.

For this purpose, I'd like it if the proximity alarm instead predicted my current path and would go off if anything is in that path within, say, 5 seconds. Then, give us a slider in our control panel to allow us to manually adjust the time to crash, saved per ship.

For example, my canyon racer would likely want a very short prox alarm, since I only care about the next turn in the canyon, not the far wall of the canyon. By contrast, my asteroid combat ship would want a medium range alarm, to know if I'm about to drift into an unseen asteroid. And finally, my trade ship wants a fairly long proximity alarm, so I can tell if I'm properly aligned for the slot, or if I'm going to barely nick the side and blow up into a million pieces.

Theres ya problem, forwards is always the way to go ;)

O7
"Oops - had the silly thing in reverse" - Daffy Duck

As for the suggestion - my only remark is make it adjustable - otherwise the bloody thing will go off every time something gets close - like ship combat - etc.

BEEP BEEP BEEP - YES I'M DAMN WELL AWARE OF WHAT'S ON MY ASS!

Etc. :ROFLMAO:

"Oops - had the silly thing in reverse" - Daffy Duck

As for the suggestion - my only remark is make it adjustable - otherwise the bloody thing will go off every time something gets close - like ship combat - etc.

BEEP BEEP BEEP - YES I'M DAMN WELL AWARE OF WHAT'S ON MY ASS!

Etc. :ROFLMAO:
Adjustable or a really easy off switch.

Pilot overload is a bad thing, I remember reading that one of the first thing US pilots used to do when they flew over Vietnam was switch off almost all the alarms in the cockpit so as not to get distracted.

Back
Top Bottom