Rift S with Subpac

Anyone using a subpac haptic device with a Rift S? Interested to see if it is as easy as adding the device using Bluetooth and then just mirroring the sound to that device. The backrest would be great for ED I think but not sure about the Bluetooth connection. The vest would be good for other games so not sure which way I would go. Found some threads through search but most are pretty old and no mention of the Rift S. I use headphones with the S so guess they could just connect to the subpac for audio? Thanks in advance.

Good day pilot!

I have been using my Subpack especially for VR. Although I have to say that I am just starting playing Elite again after one year of absence. I did bought the Rift S last week but didn't had the time to test this little beast. I own the Vive and the CV1, and because of that I imagine that the setup would be quite similiar with the Rift S.
I think like with the CV1 or the Vive you just connect the Subpack to your headphone jack on the device or on your PC depending which soundcard you're using (internal one from PC or an external Interface, or as I said just the Rift CV1, Vive or Rift S) and then you just connect your headphones with the Subpack, turn up that Volume on the Subpack and have fun!

I have to say it is quite an expensive investement if you buy yourself this Subpack, look if they're still selling the one subpack for a chair (I know there was one back in the days, so you could choose between a "stationary" subpack or the one you can put on like a backpack).

For immersion I have to say: This one was a game changer IMO! I was absolutely blown away as I did my first flight with this pack on the back of my gaming chair. The immersion you get when you push the boost button or when you do a discovery scan (these deep tones in the subpack - amazing!). With those deep basses crumbling literally into your body when flying or driving, you really do have the feeling sitting in a spaceship/SRV.

If you have the money then go for it! You won't be disappointed.

And if you have any further questions, feel free to ask them.

Anyways

Long days and pleasent nights for you pilot!

Cheers

klimaschreck - not only a pilot but also someone who makes music (just google klimaschreck - but be aware it is the music of the dark corners of the galaxy [TECHNO]) logoKS.jpg

Thanks for the feedback, still thinking this over but leaning towards the seat back version as I mostly play ED. Setup seems straightforward and really don’t think I’d wear the vest version sitting in a chair. Thanks again, may ask for help later.

I have the chair back subpac.

Expensive but awesome!

you feel the weight of your ship when landing. Great immersion. It's no longer acceptable to play without it... it's another dimension of sensory input/game feedback

I'm glad I didn't get the vest (apart from some regrets for beatsaber).
They used to sell a rucksack that made the chair one "wearable"...

Subpac arrived this afternoon, connected via Bluetooth and wow! Raised the sound effect volume in the game and this is great. Not sure how realistic it is but feeling the engines, combat, and other sounds really makes a difference. A lot of money but my first impression is really positive. It’s only money!

I didn’t realize the Subpac seatback unit had the same battery included as the vest version. Put mine in a small backpack and used it for a couple of other games, worked well. With some adjustments to the backpack strap, should work well. Just FYI, others probably realized this already.

Top Bottom