Dinosaurs Rise of the Herbi's

Evenin all!

I've recently been thinking how herbivores are quite easy for carnis to kill. For example the Triceratops evolved to defend itself from the likes of the T-rex, but in game by default it's a bit of a pushover.
I asked this in a Facebook the other day and the response was an overwhelming yes, figured I'd get it circulating on official channels.

Do you think herbivores could do with a buff?

Yes/no

If so which ones?

I personally feel that all of the armored herbivores are severely underpowered, as almost every herbivore vs. carnivore matchup results in a herbivore dying or at least running away.

I think that a good place to start would be reducing the defense stat to 0 for all non-ceratosaurs and hybrids with ceratosaur DNA (so all medium and large carnivores aside from Ceratosaurus, Carnotaurus, Majungasaurus, Indominus rex, and Indoraptor). The relatively high defense stat for carnivores doesn’t make much sense to me as the non-ceratosaurs have no armor, and it can’t be due to their size, as the sauropods are even larger but have 0 defense.

The large carnivores can remain top tier fighters due to their size, but I think that all of the armored herbivores should be able to defeat half or even more of the medium carnivores. It looks kind of ridiculous to me to see a trike lose to a Baryonyx, when the trike is much more massive.

I get that the large and medium carnivores have always been a major draw for the franchise, but the Sinoceratops defeats a Carnotaurus in Fallen Kingdom, at one point lifting the Carnotaurus off the ground, and I think that JWE should reflect that reality.

And I know that it’s been mentioned before countless times, but it’d be nice if the Ankylodocus could fight back against the Indominus with its tail club. Even though it would be an animation unique to one dinosaur in one scenario, there is precedent for super-unique animations, since the compies and Homalocephale kill both their own kind when overcrowded. Plus, an Ankylodocus fighting animation could be reused, so that the other sauropods fight back as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom