Round Trip Rides on Chairlift

I built a chairlift in my park and it seems that everyone wants to ride it as a round trip instead of as a transport ride from one station to the other. As a result, barely any new guests can board the attraction because no one is really exiting.

Is there anything I can do to change this? I know for the train rides there would be guests who would ride for multiple stations, but at least enough guests got off at each station that a decent amount of new people could board.

Thanks!

Have this problem too. Hardly anyone gets off the chair lift and just go round. The means the queue doesn't move in the chair lifts queue.

Sounds like you might have found a bug so it would be great if you could report it here. Do you get the same issue if you close the ride and reopen it?
Yeah, I still get the same issue. It also still occurs if I speed up or slow down the ride speed.

be sure you have a ride at the other end for them to have a reason to get off
There is multiple rides by both stations.

A known bug for transportrides…. you can place your message in here:

https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sh...-Stations-Unless-Carriage-is-Completely-Empty
Thank you!

If this is a bug that will eventually be fixed, then I want a toggle to make a sky ride round trip only, so that people ignore the other station and return to the first station. Have no entrance or exit path at the other station. Some parks have sky rides with just one station.

I don't think this is really a Bug, but more of a change that was introduced by community requests. I remember that early after release of the full game, people complained, that the Peeps don't use Transport Rides when there's nothing to get to. They basically used them exclusivbely for transport. The community requestet to change this, so that we can use the Transport Rides as round trips. Before they patched this in, no one of the peep would even use a train ride with only one station as an example.

I think in terms of the AI, we can just have one or another. So there is a amount of peeps that use these rides as "rides itself" and not to just get from A-to-B as a "transport".

Sounds like you might have found a bug so it would be great if you could report it here. Do you get the same issue if you close the ride and reopen it?

This problem (more of an unintended consequence than a bug per se) has been around since peeps started using transport rides as entertainment several updates ago. Since then, however, ALL transport rides have been effectively broken because they're clogged with round-trip riders, so the results are as bad as a bug. This problem has been reported several times over the past couple of months, has been answered with "we're aware of the problem and are working on it", and yet updates have happened without fixing it.

The most recent thread on this subject, with the most accurate info based on accumulated research into this problem, is in this thread: https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/35605-Transport-Rides-(ALL). When this problem was originally noted, there was a lot of barking up the wrong tree, with discussions of station loading times, thinking it affected only 1 or a few transport rides, etc. But now it's clear that the issue affects all transport rides and is caused exclusively by them being swarmed and clogged by round-trip riders.

Note in particular the analysis and potential solutions in post #5: https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sh...rt-Rides-(ALL)?p=251381&viewfull=1#post251381

To me, this is THE most serious gameplay issue currently in the game and I think it should be given a higher priority to be fixed. Transport rides are BROKEN and have been for quite some time. They simply cannot perform their intended role of moving peeps around the park. Until this is fixed, it's actually counterproductive, from a park management and design perspective, to install them.

Last edited:
. . . Note in particular the analysis and potential solutions in post #5: https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sh...rt-Rides-(ALL)?p=251381&viewfull=1#post251381

To me, this is THE most serious gameplay issue currently in the game and I think it should be given a higher priority to be fixed. Transport rides are BROKEN and have been for quite some time. They simply cannot perform their intended role of moving peeps around the park. Until this is fixed, it's actually counterproductive, from a park management and design perspective, to install them.

Yep, +1! [up]

I want both, I want transport rides to be transport rides and round trip rides. There has to be a solution.

TRANSPORT RIDES ARE BROKEN BECAUSE OF THE ROUND-TRIP RIDERS. Period. End of story. See the post linked above.

So, things CANNOT continue as they are. Something has to be done. There are basically 3 choices:

1. Integration
The only way to allow the self-same instance of a ride to be used simultaneously for transport and entertainment is to force the entertainment riders off at the next station, to free up seats for others. No round trips. Meanwhile, transport riders can go through multiple stations to get to their ultimate destination.

2. Segregation
The ride is either transport-only or entertainment-only, user-selectable. You can't have the same instance of a ride be both. So, you can build a train (or any other type of transport ride) purely for transport, and you can also build a separate train purely for entertainment. But it's either 1 or the other, not both.

3. Nuclear Option
Delete BOTH the "new" features of peeps using transport rides for entertainment, AND peeps considering the price of transport rides before committing to use them.

The above are ranked in my personal order of preference. However, I honestly don't care which one Frontier picks because ALL are preferable to the current situation where ALL transport rides are BROKEN because of the round-trippers. That has to end. Whatever it takes.

Top Bottom