Sandbox mode could use some "less sandbox"

I use sandbox mode to learn things, but beside building it learns me little. Could you please make the unlimited money and conservation points have on/off toggles. I need to learn to make a profit, and it is not working. I may be a below average intelligent person, at least that is what the game makes me feel, because all my zoos make a profit in the beginning, but after a while I seems to begin make mistakes and it all collapses.
I always make sure that the animals are happy, cages are big enough, the guests have info, food and drinks, and suddenly it all goes down. Please let me start with either unlimited conservation points or unlimited conservation point by choice. That way I can decide to go without it or switch it on when things go south.

I haven't been able to create a zoo that brings high tier animals yet. It all collapses long before that. It would be nice if you can make it like Planet Coaster. I manage that one quite well and the building is not so tedious.

I agree it should be possible to toggle it on/off, but since it's not available at the moment maybe try Challenge Mode? It's not sandbox as in everything is available to you from the start, but you start with limited money and limited CC. I think that mode is quite good to try to learn the management aspect of it while not being pressured into the online aspect of it.

I think the key is to start small and slow. Peafowls/flamingos/warthogs, one or two exhibits and then slowly go up from there. Don't start putting food/drinks until it is absolutely necessary. Make sure you have work zones and assign staff to them. Don't hire too many staff at the start. Make sure you research your existing animals to the max - better food, better enrichment items - guests donate more money. Slowly increase ticket prices for a dollar or two.

You can do it! :)

I have read everything about managing the PZ, seen all the youtube videos so I should know about starting slow.
The challenge is just as hard as franchise. I see no difference, except that I can play it when my internet is down.

Ps. Do you think 1 of each staffmember should be enough to run a zoo with three small habitats with warthogs, bisons and grizzly bears? That is what I usually do.

Back
Top Bottom