Sauropod Hunters

With the introduction of more realistic dinosaurs, such as spinosaurids needing wetland, I think it would be great to further add some dinosaur specific behaviors such as sauropod hunting. Certain dinosaurs that are strongly believed to hunt sauropods like, Giganotosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Acrocanthasaurus, Allosaurus, and Majungasaurus may attack, and cause panic in sauropods, while others would not. I believe this would add another realm of realism to the game, and make for more realistic enclosures.

Another option is to add flesh grazing. Some carnivores such as Giganotosaurus, Acrocanthasaurus, and Carcharadontasaurus were believed to be flesh browsers where they would bite off chunks of sauropod flesh to satiate their hunger. This could be implemented with a similar attack pattern of the Indomonius, but instead of immediately killing the sauropod a chunk of health would be removed from the target animal.

Thanks Frontier for the 2019 Summer update

I agree. To take your idea a step further, what if sauropods were able to defend themselves? Apatosaurus and diplodocus would only be able to defend themselves against medium carnivores like allosaurus and carnotaurus, but the larger sauropods like brachiosaurus and mamenchisaurus can defend themselves against medium and large theropods alike.

Top Bottom