Dinosaurs Serrated Teeth Causes Bleeding

To my understanding, serrated teeth are special because they can cause exceptional bleeding. The idea is that carnivores that had serrated teeth in real life should be able to cause a bleeding effect when in combat, similar to how the Troodon is able to cause damage over time with its venomous bite. I imagine not every carnivore had serrated teeth; only the species that had them in real life should be given this in game.

Not too long ago, I made a similar conceptual thread for a "Bleeding" mechanic. It was only for Allosaurus on specific sauropods, only because it's an endgame type dinosaur you can acquire on Isla Sorna, thinking of a conceptual way of making dinosaurs, especially some of the later ones you can get in the main campaign, feel more unique. I chose only sauropods to have the bleeding effect from the allosaurus because I didn't want the idea to make the troodon feel less special from what it can do when it attacks other dinosaurs.

You can check it out here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/allosaurus-attacking-and-bleeding-certain-sauropods.519473/

Some theropods do indeed have serrated teeth, while others don't. Though for example, while both T.rex and Troodon have serrated teeth, they have very different teeth and strategies for eating and cutting into flesh.
While other theropods who might differ in serrations might still have fairly similar feeding habits. Spinosaurids Baryonyx and Suchomimus, being Baryonychinae they both have subtle serrations. Though Spinosaurs being Spinosaurinae does not have any serrations even though it has fairly similar teeth to the former too.
So it wouldn't really work to link bleeding simply by the factor of teeth having serrations or not.

What both of you are saying makes sense. However, I feel as if more than just the Allosaurus should be able to cause a bleeding effect, but maybe no more than a handful or a couple of handfuls of carnivores should be given this ability. I just don't know which Carnivores should be given it.

What both of you are saying makes sense. However, I feel as if more than just the Allosaurus should be able to cause a bleeding effect, but maybe no more than a handful or a couple of handfuls of carnivores should be given this ability. I just don't know which Carnivores should be given it.
You know, now that you’ve mentioned it, today I was thinking of another dinosaur that could have a similar mechanic: the Carcharodontosaurus.

In another thread of mine, I had a conceptual idea of having Carchas, along with Acros and Gigas, to attack sauropods in pairs, but none of them in the idea were to inflict bleeding.

However, because I was thinking that, since it’s a DLC exclusive dinosaur you can unlock on Isla Pena, and the fact that it did have serrated teeth in the fossil record, something that even the dinosaur’s description in-game and in the official website confirms, Carcharodontosaurus seems like another good candidate for “Bleeding” inflicting dinosaurs. To make it feel more rewarding as a DLC exclusive, it can be something that could bleed sauropods (if attacking sauropods for this species comes to be anyhow besides using my previous thread’s conceptual idea description, of course), or even other dinosaurs it can attack, whatever is decided.

Last edited:
Top Bottom