Shooting cops, size of ship matters?

In my FAS or Anaconda if I so much as land one round on a cop in a RES, they all chase me out. Now the last few days I've been doing it in much smaller ships, A Viper MKIII and my little iEagle, and I've full on strafed a few, and nothing. So does the ship matter? I mean I just got done strafing an allied FDL from stern to bow and was like "oh , here we go, I'm out!" then "wait, nobody is shooting at me except the target? ?. Or did they relax the rules a bit recently?

Last edited:
In my FAS or Anaconda if I so much as land one round on a cop in a RES, they all chase me out. Now the last few days I've been doing it in much smaller ships, A Viper MKIII and my little iEagle, and I've full on strafed a few, and nothing. So does the ship matter? I mean I just got done strafing an allied FDL from stern to bow and was like "oh , here we go, I'm out!" then "wait, nobody is shooting at me except the target? ?. Or did they relax the rules a bit recently?

As you gain rep with the faction, they forgive stray shots more and more. The more you bounty hunt, the better your rep with the controlling faction.

Also, smaller weapons do less damage, thus less likely to push you over the threshold 'allowance' for friendly fire.

^^^

It's not the size of the ship, it's the 'size' of the weapons involved. Larger ships tend to have beefier weapons, so they exceed the 'oops' threshold far easier than a smaller ship with less powerful weapons will.

What they said ^... Also if you use lower DPS weapons you get more wiggle room, it's a damage threshold simple as :)

If it's a major issue I can highly advise smart rounds and regeneration lasers. Just remember to leave one of the small weapons normal otherwise you'll never be able to attack anything :p

sollisb

Banned
Like someone said, bigger weapons, bigger damage. The answer is to simply kill everything, including the federales. You end up with a huge bounty, but a big smile on your face :)

Top Bottom