Show me your crew. Why did you pick them?

Sorry for the slow reply, been out exploring so couldn't access the Crew panel. And there's no room for fighter-pilot crew on my Asp.

My current crew roster:
HlEvLqq.jpg

I don't have a good reputation with crew hire companies. They keep dying on me. I've never managed to get one all the way up to Elite rating with the Fighter Pilots Union. I'm surprised they keep letting me hire their members, and that people still want to sign on with me, despite my track record. I suppose my death rate isn't the worst out there. And maybe some of these folks are just plain desperate for a job.

I hired a really great crewwoman a year ago. Gemma Larsen was her name. Attractive, great backstory, we worked well together. I'd trained her up from rookie to Dangerous. Then my T10 battlewagon got surrounded and smashed to bits by an enemy war fleet while liberating my homeworld from Indie Corporate rule. I made it to the escape pod. She didn't.

Kayden there was Gemma's understudy at the time. I'd hired her back in February; she's okay, I've trained her up to be almost as good as Gemma was now, and I admit I mainly hired her for the anarchist-hating tagline in her CV. Yeah, kid, I hate 'em too. I take her out for some pirate-smashing fun every now and then, when I'm back in the Bubble. It keeps her happy. And as you can see, she's also made quite a pretty packet of credits from my solo exploration jaunts, getting paid millions of credits just for sitting there in the crew lounge and following me around on the FPU shuttle-bus. She even caught the shuttle out here to Explorer's Anchorage to meet me, even though she knows there's no work for her out here. Can't fault her dedication to the job.

It took me a while to get over losing Gemma and get back out there in the battlewagon. Amiah there was the first rookie in line, waiting to be hired when I got back in the saddle. She was there, I needed backup crew, so she was hired as the new understudy. She's only been on the roster since August. I have to admit, I find the line about hating civil wars somewhat poignant, since it was a civil war that killed her predecessor.

Top Bottom