Newcomer / Intro Signal Sources & pacifism.

This. I can fly a T7 and still win nearly all of them. And at that mass lock factor and shield/hull strength I can shrug off an attack too, just submit to the interdiction by dropping out of supercruise then supercruise away again. Really the only exception to it are other players, so I try to remember to fly in single player mode when I'm in Deciat or whatever.
In fact the T7 is one of the best ships at avoiding NPC interdictions, the T9 is amongst the worst but once you find the technique that works for you even that can win the majority.

You don't understand; you can't know its origin, just as you can't from brokers. The only way to be 100% sure is not to collect it.
Yeah I found out the other day. Downed escape pods. Figured they needed help at least? All illega cargo, couldn't rescue them.

So I'm just not interested in the combat in elite.

I'm not playing this game for combat either, so I get you. But I like the engineering aspect of ED so I've come to terms with PvP versus PvE. I'll gladly engage in PvE to unlock Tod, for example, because I love ballistic weapons.

But if you don't like any of that stuff, yeah, you've got the HGEs, the planetary sites for high grade stuff, the material traders for the stuff that's really hard to find. And you will not, as mentioned before, be able to unlock a fair amount of engineers, but that's not going to (and shouldn't) decrease the amount of fun that awaits in ED. 🥰

o7

Lots of us don't play this game for the combat. But Frontier skews the game to try to force you into it. As example not being able to access all the Engineers - as mentioned above.
If you want Elite to be dangerous then there are all sorts of things from solar storms to meteor showers etc etc that could make it dangerous - and far more interesting.
Unfortunately they lack imagination in this area and the game has degraded into a sad shoot-em-up in principle. Just look at all those assassination and massacre missions to see what I mean.
Frontier made a fundamental error when they allowed Open Mode to be PvP. As the game developed they then pandered to the verbose few who play with their testicles wrapped around their joysticks and the game lost direction.

It was supposed to be intelligent and multifaceted. Slaughtering everything that moves and obsessing over fleet carriers and mining to the exclusion of everything else was never on the plan.

Is there hope with the new update that we'll see a new, more balanced game ?
I doubt it. Looking at the trailer for Odyssey - what's the first thing everybody commented on - oooohhh look! They've got weapons.

Top Bottom