General silly suggestion. prox alarm

could we have an option to turn off the prox alarm that flashes under my dash. when you effectively turned this into mining simulator and have to mine. every rock within 5km my alarm is going like " OMG LOOK OUT FOR THAT BOULDER! WE ARE GONNA DIE WHAAAAAA".... im mean guys if Tom Hanks can turn off "Master Caution" in Apollo 13 we are 300+ years ahead of that ship, i would expect my ship to have an option to turn that off. please

could we have an option to turn off the prox alarm that flashes under my dash. when you effectively turned this into mining simulator and have to mine. every rock within 5km my alarm is going like " OMG LOOK OUT FOR THAT BOULDER! WE ARE GONNA DIE WHAAAAAA".... im mean guys if Tom Hanks can turn off "Master Caution" in Apollo 13 we are 300+ years ahead of that ship, i would expect my ship to have an option to turn that off. please

Umm, I don't think Apollo 13 is a good example for arguing for less safety systems.

Last edited:
Does it go any slower than with cargo scoop open? I usually have that open when I’m mining anyway

I believe landing gear restricts ship to 100 kph, whereas the scoop allows for faster speeds. The landing gear
also reduces controller responsiveness for easier landing which is a hindrance when kiting rocks. I will test this
out this evening.
X.

I believe landing gear restricts ship to 100 kph, whereas the scoop allows for faster speeds. The landing gear
also reduces controller responsiveness for easier landing which is a hindrance when kiting rocks. I will test this
out this evening.
X.

No, it doesn't have a fixed speed, it just depends in how fast your ship is, it's quite possible to exceed the station speed limit with landing gear extended, I don't believe there is a difference between the two. To get down to under station speed limit with landing gear extended I have to go to just under 3 quarter throttle also.

If it's the flashing red lights that bother you (drives me nuts), my mod fixes this. Just follow the link in my signature.

My Honda Passport has a big button to turn off proximity sensors, and I don’t have to open all the doors to do it. Seems sensible for a spaceship in the 3300’s to have the same capability.

Top Bottom