General Gameplay Sim-pause to build, maintain, initiate tasks

I suspect this post may not endear me to the developers of this game, but Oh, My Giddy Aunt, where is the sim-pause function??

I shouldn't even have to justify this. It has been a mainstay of all sim games I've ever played, since I started playing sim games, including Frontier's previous releases, like Planet Coaster.

Maybe the makers want to keep the thrill level up, of having dinos loose and being unable to pause and react. So I'd suggest a pause function that the game can over-ride when necessary, rather than no pause function at all. I'd like to plan and build my park to my satisfaction, without rush, without park guests wandering around while I choose exactly where to build my next fast food stall. I want to take my time. I'd like park activity to stop completely while I peruse menus for research, fossils, expeditions, everything.

I don't think there can be any justification for this choice. I wonder if it was at the insistance of the Jurassic Park IP owners.

Unbelievable. Unforgivable.

I suspect this post may not endear me to the developers of this game, but Oh, My Giddy Aunt, where is the sim-pause function??

I shouldn't even have to justify this. It has been a mainstay of all sim games I've ever played, since I started playing sim games, including Frontier's previous releases, like Planet Coaster.

Maybe the makers want to keep the thrill level up, of having dinos loose and being unable to pause and react. So I'd suggest a pause function that the game can over-ride when necessary, rather than no pause function at all. I'd like to plan and build my park to my satisfaction, without rush, without park guests wandering around while I choose exactly where to build my next fast food stall. I want to take my time. I'd like park activity to stop completely while I peruse menus for research, fossils, expeditions, everything.

I don't think there can be any justification for this choice. I wonder if it was at the insistance of the Jurassic Park IP owners.

Unbelievable. Unforgivable.
having loose dinosaur and having to react boosts the andnelin factor is where the fun is at

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Maybe the makers want to keep the thrill level up, of having dinos loose and being unable to pause and react.

That's exactly the reason why we don't have it. Jurassic World Evolution is all about managing chaos, doing your best to ensure that the dinosaurs are comfortable and happy, but also reacting to them when things get out of hand. We felt having a pause function wasn't fully compatible with this theme, so it's not in the game.

We don't mind the suggestion, though, or constructive feedback, so don't feel bad about posting the thread :)

Top Bottom