Simple Fed Incompetence, or More? Why do things keep going missing is Sol.

It seems rarely a month can go by with out news on GalNet of another missing weapon, or artwork in Sol/the Federation. Are the Feds really that incompetent, or is there more too these heists? The heists seem to all be either nukes, or works of art. I have heard of stories from way back about nukes being used against some sort of INRA satellites out near Polaris. Only rumors of course, but what practical use would such devices have in the 3300s? Perhaps a covert group like the Dark Wheel has decided to take the tried and true approach to penetrating sites used or guarded by the INRA. If it was only one device it could be an isolated event, but the repetition speaks to something bigger. The question remains what can us Cmdr do to discover the mystery behind these stories.

-Cmdr Crimson Echo.

Greetings Cmdr Echo,

You raise a good question here.
I cannot really speak about the Federation's competence, or lack thereof. But yes, the number of things getting stolen recently is striking. It is hard to believe that all this is random. Quite likely there is something more behind it.

I must admit that when it comes to stealing weapons of mass desctruction the first name that came to my mind was that of Zarek Null. Weapons are certainly his tool of choice in his attempt to become Overlord of this Galaxy. But nuclear weapons? Why would he blow up / contaminate a large portion of the world he wants to rule over? That does not really make sense. Also, stealing art does not really fit in with that either.

The Code? The art theft would be pointing in the direction of these gentlemen pirates. And the nukes? Well, maybe not all of them are so gentlemen and some may prefer a more direct approach.

The followers of the Far God? From what I understand, their members disappeared to who knows where. Maybe they are all dead, but maybe not. The end of humankind certainly was part of their agenda.

Well, I am a relatively new commander and have not see all that much of this galaxy, yet. There are probably many more groups and powers around that I have never heard of. I thought I'd just put a few suggestions out here to get the speculation going.

It seems rarely a month can go by with out news on GalNet of another missing weapon, or artwork in Sol/the Federation. Are the Feds really that incompetent, or is there more too these heists? The heists seem to all be either nukes, or works of art. I have heard of stories from way back about nukes being used against some sort of INRA satellites out near Polaris. Only rumors of course, but what practical use would such devices have in the 3300s? Perhaps a covert group like the Dark Wheel has decided to take the tried and true approach to penetrating sites used or guarded by the INRA. If it was only one device it could be an isolated event, but the repetition speaks to something bigger. The question remains what can us Cmdr do to discover the mystery behind these stories.

-Cmdr Crimson Echo.

It is not just the Feds that are losing art. The Winking Cat Thief started on the Alliance homeworld, then moved to Senator Denton Patreus HQ. It wasnt until New Year that he struck the Federation.

https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Winking_Cat_thief

Also the Nuclear device was stolen from an unregistered outpost. It may or may not have been in Sol there is no way to know.

Thanks Cmdr oblackhando (or do you prefer Black Hand) for bringing up these earlier reports of the winking cat thief. I had not been aware of those.

Well, now that the funding of the illegal nuclear plant has been tracked to Zlota Federal Holdings and the suspicion is falling on one of their members, it seems unlikely that the art theft and the weapon theft are connected, or are they?.

I guess no one found a winking cat among the ruins of the raided outpost?

Top Bottom