Horizons Skimmers Will Not Respawn?

Hi all,

I'm not necessarily new to ED, but I am to Horizons/the forum, so for my first obligatory post, I must have a question answered.

After receiving one of those "Go to X and kill X amount of skimmers" missions, I went to X and got out on the trusty SRV. The mission doesn't tell you, but it seemed like I had to scan each one of these four data links to activate the defenses, which of course, was 9 skimmers all at once. Now, i Initially thought "Goodie! A few missiles from my ship ought to do it." then i would've been on my way. But the skimmers just vanished. I tried going away and returning, rescanning the hubs/uplinks/generators, and logging off for a few hours, but nothing brings them back.

Is this another bugged out mission? Or am I overlooking something?

You can also use your ship scanner or drive around withing 5-6 kilometers of the base and find POIs, any skimmers guarding them will be with the correct faction for the mission. I usually just do that to start with, much easier.

It's not that I can't kill them, it's that they don't show up. At all. I spent an hour or two roaming the canyon this base was in, but the srv never picked up any skimmers.

If you are looking outside the base, the you're looking for things (POIs) that are visible in the top part of the wave scanner. These POI's will sometimes, not always be guarded by skimmers. The skimmers themselves won't show on the wave scanner until you get right up on the POI and they pop out of the ground. You can also find them by flying 2km or higher in your ship and looking for blue circles. Inside, usually close to the center of the circle is the POI, land and get in the SRV and look for the signal towards the top this will guide you to the location.

http://wavescanner.net/

^ the lightly guarded cache is what you are looking for

Last edited:
Top Bottom