General Gameplay Slightly Deeper Customization Setting system for Challenge and Sandbox

After playing through Challenge and Sandbox mode, I just thought of something interesting that I've been thinking of most recently in the past month or two. A little more detailed customization setting system for those two respective modes.

For Challenge mode, strictly speaking, there is a unique roster per era. The Jurassic World era has access to all dinosaur species, while the Jurassic Park era has not even half of the full in-game species roster. And for that, I was recently thinking of the roster type being able to be customizable where, per selected era, their respective rosters from their main campaigns become their default. But, when you could be able to set the roster to your likings should you wish, and I've been thinking about four different types. Jurassic World (default for JW era), Jurassic Park (default for JP era), Claire Campaign (the roster that contains all of Claire's Sanctuary's campaign dinosaurs), "hypothetical Owen campaign" (something tells me Owen Grady, being similar to Claire Dearing through certain aspects, would have a campaign of his own, using elements from the upcoming Dominion film like how Claire's DLC utilized elements from Fallen Kingdom, which likely means his DLC will have a limited roster as well).

Due to the many variations of targeted dinosaur species per setting, this piece of the idea above will mean that, depending on your roster setting, regardless what era setting you have, the species target roster will vary.

For the rest of the idea, here's what I've been thinking:

1. Entrance Type (Jurassic World era only): The JW era has two types of main entrances: Arrival Points (monorail stations with the tracks, monorail arrival tunnels, and sometimes main arrival gates), and Operations Centers (reused Security Centers). If any new future maps come with a dock based entrance, like what I have suggested earlier this year, then those respective maps shall have a third entrance option, which are the docks.

2. Earthquakes: I noticed while I was on Nublar North in Sandbox mode, I realized the earth tremor effects from the nearby active Mt. Sibo are completely absent. They are, instead, present only in Campaign and Challenge mode in that location. I think it would be cool if you can have that kind of effect in a save where you don't feel pressured, so why not make it an option in Sandbox and, maybe, Challenge mode? I wonder to if that can be brought over to the other location maps as well? If it will just be an option menu thing in the Sandbox settings, this could work for the sandbox Isla Nublar in Campaign mode, considering Mt. Sibo is literally right behind the entrance way on that map.

These three things I think can add just a little more in-depth in the customization of your new save settings.

More customization is always a win in my book. I've been arguing that JP era doesn't need the full roster, but I know that it would make many players happy if given that as a option. However, if you were to do a JP era challenge mode with the JW roster, would you still be awarded the challenge mode skins?

For earthquakes, is it purely an effect, or should it be made into another disaster like tornadoes?

It would also be cool if during the earthquake a couple trees would fall around paddocks either just for scenery or you could have them fall on fences giving a way for dinosaurs to escape.

It would also be cool if during the earthquake a couple trees would fall around paddocks either just for scenery or you could have them fall on fences giving a way for dinosaurs to escape.
The earthquake in-game is just a map cosmetic feature for Isla Nublar North, as it is in Campaign and Challenge mode, but is completely absent in Sandbox. This part of the suggestion is to have the option to enable or disable that feature for the latter two modes.
More customization is always a win in my book. I've been arguing that JP era doesn't need the full roster, but I know that it would make many players happy if given that as a option. However, if you were to do a JP era challenge mode with the JW roster, would you still be awarded the challenge mode skins?
From what I've seen, it doesn't matter what era you choose to do a challenge mode run if you wanted to unlock the new skins, so it probably wouldn't matter.

All the game tells you is just complete the mode on whatever map you desire on any/Jurassic difficulty to unlock specific skin. The extra unlockable JP skins and JW era skins aren't restricted to era.

I really love the idea of a potential dock for an entrance in one of the parks. Like it will feel more like a resort than anything else. And I do recall players have noted a dock of sorts on Isla Pena, but that is rather far away.

I wish we could get the option of placeable entrances in JW era, similar to JP. It will add a lot of replayability to these parks knowing we could start from a different section. Plus I think it help players who would like to make a grid heavy park for the original 6 maps, as the entrances are not aligned with the togglable fixed rotation system.

And I would like to have a toggleable option for earthquakes in Nublar North, especially to turn off the earthquake in challenge mode. The earthquake does work in the campaign as it is alluding to the earthquake's inevitable eruption. But I do wish to turn it off in challenge mode, as that urgency or eruption is mostly absent to me in challenge mode and I found the rumble to be annoying after a while.

One more addition I would love to see is a toggleable option for wild dinosaurs for challenge mode. I would like to try maps like Sorna and Nublar North, but without the wild dinosaurs running around. It makes the mode challenge a bit easier for me as I would like to start the challenge without any dinosaurs preexisting for me to benefit from, either by selling them or enclosing them.

More customization is always a win in my book. I've been arguing that JP era doesn't need the full roster, but I know that it would make many players happy if given that as a option.

An option like this would make me play the JP era even more. I do think it will be like a "legacy mode" and "evolution mode" where you could play the JP era challenge and sandbox mode with either RTJP campaign content or all the additional stuff like:

• Access to all dinosaurs from base game, DLC, and updates in our JP playthrough.
• An option to create hybrids
• Global Operations should be accessible, we especially would like the transport team speed increase upgrade.
• Success Rate 4.0 and Incubation Speed 4.0
• New Genes from the Secrets of Dr.Wu DLC
• Advanced Storm Station, we will more likely use this building in a guest area already so compressed in the JP era.
• The entire Paleobotany set to allow us to experiment with dinosaur combinations in the JP era.

That way we could utilize all new content introduced via dlc and updates in the JP era, and not have them be exclusive to the JW era, especially if future additions are to be made like new dinosaurs and mechanics that could work in the JP setting.

There is another thing I just recently took notice of while on Isla Nublar North in Campaign mode that I think is worth bringing up for here.

In the campaign, there is a ground level fog-like feature, which I assume is supposed to be a volcanic gas which is making the dinosaurs sick.
20200623063042_1.jpg
Now, this is absolutely nothing new to me at all, but what is new to me is how it appears. The clouds only appear when a manually operated ranger vehicle is close by, otherwise, they are deactivated. This only appears in Campaign mode and is completely absent in Challenge and Sandbox mode.

I'm bringing this up hear because I think it's a little cool detail that I think would be really cool if this feature is given an activate/deactivate option, and imagine if this was activated on a Sandbox save where you won't feel pressured. But, to make it fair, I think it should be for Challenge mode to, the general idea this thread is about.

All maps in-game (or at least, I assume all maps) have received flying ambient Pteranodon entities. So, maybe, that can be done with the fog to?

Last edited:
Top Bottom