Small Guardian Disappointments

1: If you have a guardian guide out there for the Ram Tah missions please update it. The mission pays a 10 million credit at the end and not the 100 million most guides promise.

2: There were numerous bugs throughout this mission. Some obelisks didn't pay out despite multiple tries, others were mislabeled - and no, we didn't make a mistake as we checked and doubled checked any thing that gave us an issue.

3: While I received the 10 million bonus my buddy, who did the whole thing with me, did not. We double checked all of his emails and he received emails for several items twice. For example, he'd have an email from Ram Tah that Tech 08 had been received TWICE. The emails doubled up enough where he had 9 gamma items missing at the end - again, NO WAY as we did the mission together side by side. I could see missing 1 or 2, but 9 and only on the gammas is just weird. The mission also won't let him claim his last 30 million, he's stuck with only a 70 million payout.

3: While I received the 10 million bonus my buddy, who did the whole thing with me, did not. We double checked all of his emails and he received emails for several items twice. For example, he'd have an email from Ram Tah that Tech 08 had been received TWICE. The emails doubled up enough where he had 9 gamma items missing at the end - again, NO WAY as we did the mission together side by side. I could see missing 1 or 2, but 9 and only on the gammas is just weird. The mission also won't let him claim his last 30 million, he's stuck with only a 70 million payout.

Were you doing it together in a wing? Because doing it as a wing has always been buggy as all heck.

Where did you pick up the mission¿ There still seems to be a bugged version out there. To get the whole reward you have to have thargoid parts also.

Where did you pick up the mission¿ There still seems to be a bugged version out there. To get the whole reward you have to have thargoid parts also.
There are two missions.

One requires you to scan obelisks at "Ancient Ruins" sites, and requires no Thargoid parts. Given the 70/30m credit comment I presume it was this one, as it's got 100 scans and gives 10m credit reward.
The other requires you to scan obelisks at "Guardian Structures", and requires Thargoid parts.

Well, mine worked out fine but his wasn't even close.
We scanned the same obelisks. :(
Due to the nature of the bugs associated with going to ruins in wings, I'm surprised you even saw the same obelisks. Being in a wing/instance with other players can cause other obelisks which aren't normally lit at a site, to light up. They are fully interactable and will produce messages. It would definitely explain your #2 point about mislabelling and bugs. Another issue caused by being in a wing is receiving messages when you haven't scanned the obelisk.

tl;dr being in a wing (or just an instance with other people) causes no end of grief for anyone doing the guardian obelisk scan missions.

A mission that requires that kind of time investment and which has been in place for this long should have had the bugs hammered out by now.
I don't see this as something where failure is an option. It is a central quest.... sakes.

Top Bottom