Newcomer / Intro So I may have run out of fuel inside of a station. :P

So like i said ran out of fuel about 50 yards from docking platform inside of a largish station. Ran out of time on docking while trying to search for some way to get the station to help. Was pretty sure it was fruitless because the distress beacon was removed completely but was thinking, did I just not find the thing I was looking for? Should the station automatically helped somehow?

Any help finding this or letting me know for sure i had no chance would be awesome. Well I am now going to make that hour long journey back to civilization from my last spawn point on the edge of populated space. Plz plz don't shoot me. :)

So like i said ran out of fuel about 50 yards from docking platform inside of a largish station. Ran out of time on docking while trying to search for some way to get the station to help. Was pretty sure it was fruitless because the distress beacon was removed completely but was thinking, did I just not find the thing I was looking for? Should the station automatically helped somehow?

Any help finding this or letting me know for sure i had no chance would be awesome. Well I am now going to make that hour long journey back to civilization from my last spawn point on the edge of populated space. Plz plz don't shoot me. :)

I think in cases like this the best thing to do (if your not already have this turned off) is to make sure Flight Assist is off and then line up and glide in - then use M thrusters to line up and dock. This should save you, I don't think you will use up as much fuel (someone will correct me if I'm wrong :) ).

Wow that's unfortunate timing. If you're actually INSIDE the station you won't need self destruct, the station will shoot you when you time out, then you'll wake up at the last station you actually docked at.

That was close baloo :-\
For future reference easy target is right that fa-off will generally use less fuel, and in fa-on slow turns are cheaper on fuel than fast.

Also, you can disable modules to reduce your ongoing consumption, if you're short on a journey turn everything off but the essentials.

More simply though, get a fuel scoop ;-)

umm fuel scoops ont work inside the station...just sayin'

(I'm kidding)

I made the mistake of canceling a docking request while inside a station..fire works were pretty but they hurt.

Thanks for the help! I have managed to get back to the station I died at with slightly more fuel this time thanks to no power to guns or shields a removed warrant scanner and no interdiction on the way. Now back to maybe getting out of this sidewinder soon.

I got an "main tank is out of fuel" message just as I cleared the entrance to land. I had just enough with maneuvering jets to get on the pad successfully but it was a disconcerting feeling going "no fuel but this close?!?!"

I got an "main tank is out of fuel" message just as I cleared the entrance to land. I had just enough with maneuvering jets to get on the pad successfully but it was a disconcerting feeling going "no fuel but this close?!?!"

When the main tank runs out, your power plant still has 1t left, as I recall.

Top Bottom