so many issues, dont know how to fix at this point.

I will try to explain this as clearly as possible and as simple as possible. first hardware having issue with
Custom pc, windows 10 pro, 16gb 3600mhz ryzen 5 2600 , GTX1660, Oculus rift (I beleive its touch, thats the controllers, but its a hdmi input) 4 sensors, only 2 installed, Hotas thrustmaster 1600 flight pack (stick, throttle and pedals)

These things specifically the hotas likes to just work whenever it wants. One launch itll work, another launch it doesnt work at all. Multiple times ive deleted the bindings (to rebind them since that seems to be the only way for the game to detect the controllers, SOMETIMES other times i have to delete the entire %appdata% local folder of all frontier files and folders for it to work sometimes. No other controllers are hooked up when im trying to play. Target is installed but I do not launch it at all. If target is removed the controllers stop working. What can i do to fix this?

Now for the vr headset.....it works most of the time but recently it keeps putting my head view super low to the ground when the game starts i have to look up at the ceiling to see the menu (using the touch controls to reset view point does not fix the issue) and then it puts me in the middle of my body and the reset hmd key doesnt work even if i assign elsewhere. No idea how to fix this.

Recently I keep getting this error unhandeled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
I get this almost every time i try to launch in vr, however now it happens even when launching normally about 30 of these boxes pop before the launcher crashes, and the game wont launch. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the .net framework removing it completely since this is a framework issue, but it fixes it for like 10 minutes. this is still a semi fresh install of 10 not even 3 months old.

Now DID have a rx580 before this 1660. However i fully removed all old drivers, and installed new ones. no issues in any other game what so ever. I dont know if this is relevant.

Sorry for the rant but these issues are just making it so much harder to get into it again. I just want this to be permanently solved before oddysy comes out so i can enjoy it.

sounds like your 5v rail is overloaded with devices and volts drop causing devices to not be seen
try a mains powered usb hub to ensure all control devices get all the power they need
check in bios for a smooth 5v delivery with all game controlers plugged in
last but not least rename and backup your binds when all and I mean all game control devices are detected with windows first inc any vr controllers and are currently seen in the game failure to do this may result in a bad bind file
heres how see post 5 for the bindings guide https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...t-every-time-i-enter-the-controls-tab.507856/
good luck

Last edited:
It works now dunno what i did but im more concerned now with that unhandeled exception error and this weirdness where im place no where near where the head should be on the body. How do I fix that?

It works now dunno what i did but im more concerned now with that unhandeled exception error and this weirdness where im place no where near where the head should be on the body. How do I fix that?
In the short term, the Unhandled exception error should be harmless (albeit annoying). there is a fix which involves hand editing a text file to transpose references to two different .net framework versions. I've just done a quick search for threads here (they do exist) but haven't found the one I was looking for and run out of time as I have to go out imminently.

The head not on shoulders thingy.. Check your IPD is set correctly. There is also a keybind in ED that resets the HMD orientation. Again sorry, I foget the exact wording - I will look it up when I return if nobody else has interjected). That will put your head back on your shoulders!!!

Finally ED is a handful to get started in. Getting thr hardware set up correctly, getting the controls settings to your liking, and then learning the game. Don't get disheartened and do stick with it. It WILL be worth it.....

Finally on quick bit of advice. The very best way to play ED is NOT to assume that you need the biggest baddest ships in the game quickly. Start slowly, learn each step of the game well, and over several months in ships of increasing size and complexity. There are plenty of guides availble for get rich quick or fast rank progression, but without the real experience of 'getting there' the ... errm.... intended? way.. You will likey founder later on...

just a hint , my binding also reseted today , i dont know how frontier do , but from time to time my bind reset to and old state , when 1 2 3 4 5 are not binded and the map either.

Following up form my earlier post...
The .NET framework error requires a manual editing of a configuratoin file to hep ED execute through it's peferred framework version. This post explains the edit, but depending on your PC skills, you may need to find a 10 year old to apply the change...

The setting that I referred to which puts your head back in the right place is "Reset HMD Orientation", it's halfway down "Miscellaneous" in the "Controls" configuration page. I have mine set to F12 (for my RIft S, and I also have a VoiceAttack command "Reset View" that triggers the F12 press.

If you've not head of VoiceAttack, it's voice control software (costs around 10 GBP but well worth it) which you can use to control many functions that would normally be on the keyboard (which of course in VR you can't see!). Plenty of information about it here, but one thing that may posts are not clear ins that VoiceAttack is the voice regognotion software, and with just that you can program commands such as he one I mentioned above.There are also separate purchasable HCS Voicepacks that give you a crew member to do your bidding (through voice control) with many of the personas being voice by major Sci-fi actors.

Also look up the forum posts about backing up key bindings.... This is important as @VirtueXOI seems ot have found out....

I will try to explain this as clearly as possible and as simple as possible. first hardware having issue with
Custom pc, windows 10 pro, 16gb 3600mhz ryzen 5 2600 , GTX1660, Oculus rift (I beleive its touch, thats the controllers, but its a hdmi input) 4 sensors, only 2 installed, Hotas thrustmaster 1600 flight pack (stick, throttle and pedals)

These things specifically the hotas likes to just work whenever it wants. One launch itll work, another launch it doesnt work at all. Multiple times ive deleted the bindings (to rebind them since that seems to be the only way for the game to detect the controllers, SOMETIMES other times i have to delete the entire %appdata% local folder of all frontier files and folders for it to work sometimes. No other controllers are hooked up when im trying to play. Target is installed but I do not launch it at all. If target is removed the controllers stop working. What can i do to fix this?

Now for the vr headset.....it works most of the time but recently it keeps putting my head view super low to the ground when the game starts i have to look up at the ceiling to see the menu (using the touch controls to reset view point does not fix the issue) and then it puts me in the middle of my body and the reset hmd key doesnt work even if i assign elsewhere. No idea how to fix this.

Recently I keep getting this error unhandeled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
I get this almost every time i try to launch in vr, however now it happens even when launching normally about 30 of these boxes pop before the launcher crashes, and the game wont launch. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the .net framework removing it completely since this is a framework issue, but it fixes it for like 10 minutes. this is still a semi fresh install of 10 not even 3 months old.

Now DID have a rx580 before this 1660. However i fully removed all old drivers, and installed new ones. no issues in any other game what so ever. I dont know if this is relevant.

Sorry for the rant but these issues are just making it so much harder to get into it again. I just want this to be permanently solved before oddysy comes out so i can enjoy it.
I saw title and was expecting a post about Elite Dangerous/fdev

Top Bottom