Horizons So! tell me about Canyon Racing.

Gentlemen,
for a bit of relaxation from hauling cargo I would like to go Canyon Racing.
The ship I intend to use is Imperial Courier.

Please offer me some knowledge, hints and suggested builds.
yours aye
D38

Last edited:
Gentlemen,
for a bit of relaxation from hauling cargo I would like to go Canyon Racing.
The ship I intend to use is Imperial Courier.

Please offer me some knowledge, hints and suggested builds.
yours aye
D38

As with any Racer/Canyon runner - Strip it down, D-rate the modules, apply dirty drive tuning https://coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_courier/0p3t5F3l3das8f2-------------.Iw18UA==.Aw18UA==

I prefer the IEagle for Canyon running, handles very nice FA-OFF.

[video=youtube;Dd66YC5k-KA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd66YC5k-KA[/video]

Last edited:
First, Pom 2C is lovely, but big chasms are not as thrilling as narrow canyons. There are some obstalcle courses down at the bottom of chasms, but that's not quite the same as a Beggar's Canyon run. Smaller rocky worlds tend to have nice, tight channels to barrel down. Inovik A2A, or even Deciat 6A (Farseer's) have some nice runs. Any canyon that is obvious from high orbit is probably too big for real racing, unless you are Orca racing. And yes, racing with friends is far more exciting. Check out the Elite Racers' Reddit for more.

Last edited:
G'day all,
now you have my interest.

I have obtained the I Courier and straight out of the box with just standard components .
UTILITY
2 OA shield boosters

CORE
1C baulkheads
4A Power plant,3A Thrusters 3A FSD,
1A life support, 3A power distributor. 2E sensors,3C fuel tank.

OPTIONAL
3E cargo, 3A fuel scoop, 2D shield generator,additional 2C Fuel tank (4 tons), 2a Shield cell bank.1C Advanced discover scanner, and a interplanatery scanner on board.

At the moment certain components are onboard to enable me to travel to the engineers.

The wee beasty does 303 m/s, with a boost speed of 410 m/s.

I do feel the need for more speed.
Might I ask you for suggestions please , what is achievable?
And if you are working on a I Courier Canyon Racer , care to share what you have you done and what are you achieving regarding speed.

P.S.
I am just wondering when we get ship borne fighter will that develope the canyon racing as you will be able to fly your ship and ship borne fighter (modded for racing) to the track?
Or will you be able to, for instants, fly the Clipper with the modded Courier on board to the track.
I dont think ED thought that such an interest would develope in Canyon racing... your thoughts please.

yours aye
Baron D38.

Last edited:
I've been trying this in a modded Anaconda for giggles, you have to time your turns perfectly otherwise you drift into the valley wall backwards. Great fun :D

G'day all.
I have been to see Felicity ( a 400 light year trip) and purchased the 3A enhanced performance thrusters, the top speed is now 398 ( was 303) with an increase to the boost speed to 540m/s (was 401).
My question is I have also a level 1 mod , if I continue to Level 5, will my boost speed increase even more. Or am I locked in to a set top speed with the enhanced thrusters as they are now. I dont want to do a level 2 mod and lose what I have as its a 5million cr mod.
yours aye
Baron D38

Back
Top Bottom