So there's no point putting hours into the console version of the game anymore?

I am very sure i received this game for free on psn, as i dont remember paying for it. So far on ps5 its fun to play and only if i get bored with it will i stop with it. So far this, nomansky and star trek online is my main space games and i keep it on my ps5. Maybe in the future if i am in the mood, ill get the pc version to expand my playing.

I suppose whether there's a "point" to playing the game on the consoles anymore depends enormously on what kind of gameplay you want.

Sure, you won't get the newest community goals, thargoid war, and other storyline stuff, nor any new content (such as new modules or ships), but there are many, many players even on PC / Odyssey who don't care much about those either, and would mostly be just as content with the legacy/console version as they are with Odyssey (minus the on-foot portions, of course). There's still quite a lot that the game has to offer in its legacy mode. Maybe you won't get the excitement of seeing a Titan explode live, or to boost at ludicrous speeds in supercruise, but in the grand scheme of things those are not the main impetus to play the game anyway.

Still playing on Xbox and the squadron leaderboards are competitive enough to keep me and a few friends playing. I've come across more commanders lately as well but I have sort of stopped exploring as I did it to put my name in the galaxy whereas now it's only on legacy and not carried to Live. It's like the good old days before the third-party sites gave consoles the easy PC info . Can be a pain but it's still fun even after 7000 hrs

Top Bottom