Solar Warden

I can't believe we're not hearing anything about Solar Warden here!

It's by the folks who made Mechwarrior: Living Legends. They're quite knowledgeable when it comes to CryEngine and moved to Unreal for this project. You can tell from the way their weapon and aiming systems work that they are deeply rooted in the Mech genre ;)

So what's Solar Warden? Basically a RTS/Space hybrid that lets you build up your fleet to defend earth, and then take direct control over any ship immediately.

SW_Telepresence_small.gif

Some recent screenshots:

SW_Hyperion_Railgun.jpg

ElasticCreepyFox-size_restricted.gif

SW_WeaponGroupList.jpg

SW_NukeSilos.jpg

SW_Mega_Nuke.jpg

SW_Assault_on_Mega.jpg

SW_Assault_on_Mega2.jpg

SW_Mega_Nuke2.jpg

Last edited:
I m a sucker for space games....especially the flashy ones. Pics like these are like virtual seggs to me :)

But my history of space games is riddles with disappointments because great visuals dont make a game.

EVE Online
Dreadnought
Fractured Space
yes...even Elite Dangerous
and many many more

These games provide a short-living enjoyment but ultimately fall short on my expecations. They are not "bad" games and they are all successful in their own way. In some cases I try to pick em up again and again trying to find that "balance" in order to enjoy it because games like these deserve to be played but usually I lose motivation in the long run.

That being said this game looks really good. Thanks for the link and the pics, I ll check it out ^^

Back
Top Bottom