Some of the issues I noticed lately

Things were abit simpler some time ago, before dr. wu started to experiment like he currently does. And yesterdays patch and the coming DLC have hopefully unintended side effects.

• 2 Trex even with fine social requirements are constantly starting a fight. What for? They never get to bite each other. Its more like posturing. Every few minutes. All day long.
  • Raptors face a similar issue but not as frequent. Only by accident I witnessed a non-fighting fight ending in a swap of alpha status.
  • with the new plants for herbivors coming it wont be pretty to make a giant herbivore reservior. We will most likely be forced to make many small habitats based on plants, not on dinosaurs. Unless its entirely optional.
  • when viewing any dinosaur the camera zooms in. But when the same dinosaur walks through trees, and the camera now stays on the dinosaur but only from above, the camera zooms out and cant be zoomed in as close as before.
  • a Trex can get stuck sniffing for some time when surrounded by bigger dinosaurs due to lack of space to move. Not saying brachiosaurus in a group are fat or anything. Just taking too much space for anything in their midst to manouver.
  • the new trees cant be placed right next to rocks even when there is a ton of space. After designing gardens for over a year in sims 4 I see a problem because its wasting space and limits player choice. I could build much more beautiful habitats if I could place trees much closer together. Or even better, without any limitation like overlapping with other trees. Walls, feeders and buildings as limitations are ok.
  • velociraptors always run with the head pointing either left or right, never straight ahead. After some windtunnel testing I can say this is very inefficient for the raptors because they cant reach top speed this way and those goats are kinda fast.
  • big carnivors like the Trex are pulling meat apart in mid air when eating from a meat feeder. I doubt imaginary meat is satisfying or filling. Not sure whats up with that.
  • why are group animals sometimes wandering away from the herd and then feeling unwell to the point that they run for the nearest wall to break out? They know where the wall is but dont run back to the herd. I dont get the logic behind that. Is there a switch to put their own herd back on their radar but ignore walls? I mean, what has the wall done to that dinosaur?

Someone better get on this before the dinos in my parks are releasing their herds of lawyasaurus's on me! :p

The first issue is not really kind of a bug or issue I guess. Tyrannosaurs wasn't meant to have some socializing thing, so they wouldn't really 'socialize' with other Tyrannosaurs but they're more like 'tolerate' other Tyrannosaurs, even if they got some gene edit.
Second one is more like a 'tense' version of socialization, I think.
4th one is more like a intended patch. Before that, we completely lost tracking the dinosaur when they hide in the forest.

The first issue is not really kind of a bug or issue I guess.
That would make the trait slightly useless. Before the trait the two killed each other or at least tried. Now they just provoke each other and not fight.
4th one is more like a intended patch. Before that, we completely lost tracking the dinosaur when they hide in the forest.
Im ok with the feature. But the camera is bugged as I tried to explain.

I was playing the game last night and had no issues. Though I only played for like 40 minutes in sandbox with the new terrain and scenery items.

Top Bottom