Sometimes Animals refuse to drink

My Gorillas, Bonobos and Wolf's sometimes refuse to drink. Some of them even died because of this Bug. Enough Sources for clean Water are in the Enclosures. I hope it will be fixed soon. I don't want to transport a Animal every 5 Minutes to a small Enclosure with nothing else than a Bowl of water

Hey there. If they have a water source but are not drinking then there may be an issue with their habitat. Please can you report it via our Issue Tracker so our team can take a look.

It is disheartening to read this response. I would have thought given how widespread this issue is, that your team would be well aware of it. Personally, I have had this issue in the majority of my enclosures. All of the enclosures that experience this issue have natural water that is in reach of the animals. I have had numerous animals dying of thirst while swimming in said natural water, including flamingos and pronghorn.

The crazy thing is this: While you can have animals dying of thirst with natural water in their habitat, adding water (the dripping pipe) immediately fixes the issue. I have seen this in multiple enclosures. When you add the dripping pipe, the animals will immediately drink, but not necessarily from the pipe. They will often start drinking from the natural water when the pipe is added.

It is disheartening to read this response. I would have thought given how widespread this issue is, that your team would be well aware of it. Personally, I have had this issue in the majority of my enclosures. All of the enclosures that experience this issue have natural water that is in reach of the animals. I have had numerous animals dying of thirst while swimming in said natural water, including flamingos and pronghorn.

The crazy thing is this: While you can have animals dying of thirst with natural water in their habitat, adding water (the dripping pipe) immediately fixes the issue. I have seen this in multiple enclosures. When you add the dripping pipe, the animals will immediately drink, but not necessarily from the pipe. They will often start drinking from the natural water when the pipe is added.

The animals prefer city water, chlorine and all, apparently.

It has also been my experience that placing the water pipe in habitats alleviates much of the issue where animals are dying of dehydration. One would think that the animals would drink from whatever water source is available to them.

Sadly my Gorillas are thirsty all the Time even though in both Gorilla-Enclosures are the Water pipes. In the big Enclosure where they live with Bonobos, Mandrills and Tortoises they even have the Pipe, a Moat filled with Water which is not only outside but also in the Indoor-Enclosure. They even have a normal Waterbowl at the Entrance and on the large Feeding-Platform-Tree.
But I will try if the Pipe at least helps in the Wolf-Enclosure

Yep I also have had this happening to me in my zoo, and even in exhibits with the stupid water pipe AND a pond in the exhibit. Some exhibits even have multiple water pipes.

Yesterday this suddenly started in my zebra habitat.

It worked well for like 60 ingame years, never any "drinking problems". But now one Zebra after another started to refuse drinking (a pond and a full water bowl are there, according to the heatmap, the water is clean). I have not make any changes to the zebra habitat for dozens of ingame years.

What I've experienced prior to this (don't know if it's connected): A Zebra suddenly "teleported" outside of the (intact) habitat, scaring away about 1000 of my visitors.
The drinking issues started soon after the teleportation incident but they are not limited to the teleported zebra.

Top Bottom