Elite / Frontier Space...life?

I've been playing elite since...birth:p
All these years,game after game,I realized what Mr. Braben wanted to create:not just a space sim,but a life sim.It's the "civilization effect":just one more round,one more game feature to unfold,one more promotion.Did you ever feel that?That,you didnt just wanted to become elite,but to see"what's out there".I know,romantic .....
When I was playing FFE I really enjoyed the journals.And then it came to me for a future elite:what if,through the proper articles in the journals as the years passing,new ship types where announced,new upgrades,new space stations constructed,new planets colonized,even new wars started,new powers born.Even if you become elite,you can receive promotions in the form of stars(bronze,silver,gold).A 3-gold star elite pilot should be considered best of the best.THe add-on possibilities are REALLY endless!After all it is a living,breathing space out there:D

Bounder said:
It'd be great to be able to witness rare astronomical events first-hand, supernovas and all that.

spot on there. Notes in the news sectiosn that these suspected phenomena may happen..... You jump to a system and see the nova a few hours after you jump in. You then have only seconds to plot an escape route and leave.

Those would be great screenshots!

Anyone play Freespace 2??

The last mission in that game involved a bunch of the bad guys making a sun go supernova. You got to see it if you didn't jump out in time. Game Over.

Awesome.

Cheers!
Hudson

Last edited:
First scene in the new superman movie is a supernova. You know whats going to happen, but it still makes you jump!

Top Bottom