PvP SPEAR ghost ship dies 3x in same fight | The Code PVP

Ohh, Viper3 love! She does seem to make a nice re-appearence lately. Its such a fun ship to troll entire wings with.
Yours is fast af and tanky. Mind sharing your build? Here´s mine: https://is.gd/fzbibE Its been the same for years. In parts inspired by Na´quan.

On a sidenote: We´ve been chasing Dillix last night on XBox. Cheers from the Dark Marauders! Your friendly XBox allies (y)

Ohh, Viper3 love! She does seem to make a nice re-appearence lately. Its such a fun ship to troll entire wings with.
Yours is fast af and tanky. Mind sharing your build? Here´s mine: https://is.gd/fzbibE Its been the same for years. In parts inspired by Na´quan.

On a sidenote: We´ve been chasing Dillix last night on XBox. Cheers from the Dark Marauders! Your friendly XBox allies (y)

Yeah, it's such a fun ship to fly. Here's the current build I used in the video. That shows a 2 ton fuel tank to give the "operational" numbers; in practice, I run a 4 ton tank but fly it at 1/3 full or less. This way I still get the mass reduction benefit (675 m/s boost) but some practicality is maintained when I want to move the ship around. Also, the top C3 optional internal has a fuel scoop. I'm still undecided on this since it's already at a place mass-wise where even a single ton cuts the speed by 20 m/s and the only massless options are fuel scoops and AFMs. For now it's the scoop for practicality since I'd rather have the speed than another couple hundred hull points.

For the weapons, the secret sauce is getting the fixed cannons and PAs to match velocity. That's why I have the plasma using G1 focused, which brings the projectile speed differential to within 10 m/s so that all four hardpoints share the same reticule. Thermal conduit on the plasma's an easy choice since any time you have the opportunity to spam shots, you're going to heat up. May as well use that to your advantage.

Last edited:
First time I've heard of this on a ED video. How do you know who initiated the strike? I would think only Frontier would have a valid claim like this.

It had music on it, and even if it didn't the way these sites are about IP means that anyone can make a nonsense manual claim about almost anything and get it reviewed.

It had music on it, and even if it didn't the way these sites are about IP means that anyone can make a nonsense manual claim about almost anything and get it reviewed.
If its that easy, then there will be retaliation in kind and before you know it, nobody can post yt videos anymore.

So, if I understand it correctly now, Morbad is the owner of this video and someone else made a copyright infringement?

No.

Starmony created and uploaded the video. Someone else, who I am not aware of, filed a copyright claim against it to take it down. I suspect that they used the music that was playing in the video to do so, as this would be the most straightforward way, but there are certainly other means to initiate a frivolous copyright claim on YouTube, just to spite someone.

So if it actually was the music, IIRC YT offers an option to the owner to remove the music from a video. I had a similar case with a video of my own and was asked if I want the music removed. Wasn't necessary though since I don't monetise my YT content.

Anyway, it's a pity. What I read sounds interesting...
I noticed that youtube automatically inserts a credit to the music used in the video. That credit is not enough to avoid the copyright strike?

So if it actually was the music, IIRC YT offers an option to the owner to remove the music from a video. I had a similar case with a video of my own and was asked if I want the music removed. Wasn't necessary though since I don't monetise my YT content.

The music artist didn't have anything to do with the claim, even if the claim focused on the music.

I could flag videos for using Genesis music, and I sure as hell am not Phil Collins.

I noticed that youtube automatically inserts a credit to the music used in the video. That credit is not enough to avoid the copyright strike?

Not if the artist doesn't want their IP used, or a fraudster just wants to be a jerk.

If you are right and it was falsely as you say, can't you demand this step to be taken back? Or even sue this toxic commander if you can prove he was wrong?

It was not the music. My channel isn't monetized, so when I use copyrighted music the most that happens is a credit showing up in the details. It was another CMDR account that claimed it purely out of spite in what's probably an attempt to get doxxing details (since to file a counter claim, you have to give contact info). I'm currently mulling my options for a response; this has happened to several other Elite players by the same person recently. Said person was recently banned from the forums here for toxic behavior.

First time I've heard of this on a ED video. How do you know who initiated the strike? I would think only Frontier would have a valid claim like this.

Yes, it says who initiated the strike. It was a manual claim by the YouTube account of an infamous CMDR with a massive victim complex that felt the need to retaliate against perceived slights even though I haven't had any contact with them in-game (or otherwise) for more than a year.

Yes, it says who initiated the strike. It was a manual claim by the YouTube account of an infamous CMDR with a massive victim complex that felt the need to retaliate against perceived slights even though I haven't had any contact with them in-game (or otherwise) for more than a year.
Ouch. I think I know who you are talking about now. I had my own run-ins with this guy. I heard he was banned from the game as well, but he showed up with an alt account.

I would have liked to see that video. In the meantime as we wait for the video to be released, could we get a brief description of the events of it?

Top Bottom