Staff Road's

I've been making a zoo and realised how big it is, along side paths connecting everywhere it would be great for there to be "Staff roads" along side keeper cars from travelling from staff hut to an exhibit that maybe far away if they're not in a work zone.

Seconding the notion of buggies. They'd be a fantastic addition to help staff get around and carry more things per load. Not to mention that buggies are very commonly used in zoos, which would further add realism.

While I'm not opposed to the idea of some realistic transport options for staff, remember that the game is designed around the idea that you include multiple staff areas around your zoo so the staff don't have to travel far. If you have three to five staff blocks, complete with staff rooms, keeper huts, vet surgeries, etc., spread out around your zoo, then you shouldn't need to worry about staff not getting around.

I've warmed a lot to this idea. It would be a nice QoL addition at this point, especially if paired with a fleshed out first person mode that isn't just a hidden cheat

AmyEvans

Banned
While I'm not opposed to the idea of some realistic transport options for staff, remember that the game is designed around the idea that you include multiple staff areas around your zoo so the staff don't have to travel far. If you have three to five staff blocks, complete with staff rooms, keeper huts, vet surgeries, etc., spread out around your zoo, then you shouldn't need to worry about staff not getting around.

As a zookeeper I think that the idea behind multiple staff points of support is great, as you would more than likely have different staff areas and even different departments within one park. However when it comes to the actual game, it does not really translate all too well, as you see keepers constantly running great distances in a zoo (never happens in real life) the explanation behind this is that the game has to compromise realism with timely movement, as events are constantly taking place and the staff needs to get there. I think realistic transport options for staff would be a really cool addition that can further integrate with what is already available in the game and make fun for players.

Now if someone can think of a solution for the animals getting boxed up, that would be gold.

As a zookeeper
Hey, I'm an ex-zookeeper myself. Funnily enough my experience is the opposite; the zoo I worked in was large and had only one central administration hub with the staff rooms and such in it, though it had a couple of 'feed points' for food storage (they added an extra one recently, which is basically just a refrigerated shipping container full of vegetables and fruit for the gorillas). We used to get around in pickup trucks.

Anyway, I think you've misunderstood my post. I believe the inclusion of staff transport would be realistic. It is something many zoos have to grapple with in real-life. In the game, though, it isn't actually necessary if you have your work zones and staff hubs spread out well. It's obviously never going to be foolproof but I've never had the problem of staff running from one end of the park to the other in the game.

Top Bottom